 Off-Topic / Debate / 16039
Re: Conflict in the Middle East
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:05:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Joakim Olsson" <jocke@arjay.nu> writes:

Agree, but there is no oil involved this time, or other shorttime
profits in doing so ;-).

Some OPEC countries want to the restrict oil production to sanction
Israel and USA.  If they succeed, there may be oil involved this
time.  I doubt it, though.

AFAIK, OPEC hasn't been selling oil to Israel since the early 70s, if ever.
But I don't have links, so it might just be a misconception of mine.

Dan