 Off-Topic / Debate / 16044
Re: Conflict in the Middle East
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:39:46 GMT

The problem that I see is that the Palestinian snipers and bombers will
never stop. The latest bombing of an Arab owned restaurant makes it
clear that the Palestinian's have absolutely no concern for anyone who
accepts Israel.

As far as I am aware the restaurant was actually Palestinian-Israeli owned.
But that makes very little difference. It was still a very cruel act. The
difference is that on the Palestinian side there is absolute desperation and
some with extremist views. This leads to extreme and intolerable actions
which cannot be defended by anyone. Israel’s current actions will not stop
this – it will fuel it. Does anyone really doubt that?

What is Israel's excuse for killing civilians? I watched on TV last night as
they shot at UK peace protestors and a BBC film crew.

Scott A

Frank