 Marketplace / Theory / 2306
Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:10:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes:

Further, if your were to start honouring trademarks just so you could
chastise others I'd be a little worried about you.

And in the vein of YET ANOTHER current LUGNET thread about your disruptive
tendancies, your continued sniping and heel nipping at Larry has me a little
worried about you. You need to back away and take a good look at the way you
post at LUGNET, and the tones you take...especially if you value your
involvment here to any extent.

Perhaps you need to think about your tone, this almost sounds like a threat?
I really think you are confusing the message with the messenger. Go back and
read Brian's post. Consider it fully. Was he wrong? Was I wrong to support >him?

If you're referring to:

http://news.lugnet.com/market/theory/?n=2268

...which I think you are, all you are doing here is trying to publicly
further your personal vendetta against Larry.

This is what I don't get. Larry offends people. Larry acts childishly. Larry
engages in name-calling. But when I point all this out, I get the flack.

Matt is totally right.

I shall ask again: was Brian wrong? It's a simple question.

And
it is about the messenger,

I'm glad we agree on that.

YOU have beaten this issue to a pulp.  Take your
personal problems offline, PLEASE.

You have no idea to what extent you irritate people here.  Most if not all
of the people I talk to off of LUGNET feel the same way.

One day I shall let you take a look at my inbox. But before that, take a
look at this thread. I am not in a minority of one. Rather than attacking me
personally, why not look at what I am saying? This is what I am saying:

Policing is here to stay. I'm not 100% happy with that (who is?), but it is
the best we can do. If policing is to work it must be done with respect, and
the person who does the policing should be respected in the group where it
takes place (a lesson you learnt the hard way I understand?). I do not
subscribe to the "if policing causes a ruckus so be it" type philosophy - it
can cause more harm than good.

Now, what part of that do you disagree with? Where, in the thread above,
have I diverged from that view?

Maybe if you were to contribute something positive once in a while, people
would think more positively of you.

Tim, I'm not sure I like your tone. You are very good a making all sort of
accusations, but you fail to answer even the simplest of questions:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=10067
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=10072
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=10069

Scott A