 People / 2987
Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:51:13 GMT

[OK...I'm going to keep my cool here, and not attack Scott, despite my
sensabilities crying out for lots of sarcasm, exclamation points and capital
letters. I'm just going to point out a couple of facts and leave it at that.
I suggest that anyone following this thread or this post NOT reply to either
it or Scott's last message. Let this stand and let the thread die.]

Scott,

You have just dug up a month old thread. It had been abandoned by the
populace of LUGNET. It seems that you have drug it out simply to do one or
more of the following:

1) Kick-start the old argument of your behavior vs. Larry's.

2) Needle Larry into a new round of the Scott and Larry show.

3) Needle Tim into what was fast becoming the Tim and Scott show.

4) Disrupt LUGNET with a thread that was teetering on the brink of yet
another flame-war.

If you don't see in this action you have taken the truth of the ascertations
of many of the folks here at LUGNET that you tend to be a disruptive force,
here strictly to argue and cause hard feelings, then you are truly turning a
blind eye to your own actions.

Please, for the sake of LUGNET as a community, re-think your actions, both
in this instance and others, and think about the public face you wish to
present to LUGNET. See your actions for what they are...disruptive and
grating to the community at large. Stick with the talk you supposedly came
here for...talk about LEGO building toys...and let this thread (and any
other off-topic or heated thread) go.

Please.

Sincerely,

Matt