 Administrative / General / 10266
Re: Posting Dates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:32:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Were I proposing an elaborate technical solution I would suggest that
some sort of sanity check be carried out... if LUGNET determined that
"some time" had went by between the date on the message and the day
that it was at the time that it would be posted, it could mail it
back to the originator and ask if it was truly still desired that it
be posted

But I'm not proposing such a solution as I suspect it raises more
problems than it solves.

I'd much rather have unauthorized posts expire after a week or so,
perhaps with a reminder a couple of days before they do.

That's the way I'm leaning twards right now - not saying that it'll be
implemented anytime soon, of course :)

Dan