 Administrative / General / 10252
Re: Posting Dates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:40:33 GMT

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Gerber wrote:
Besides, it is a disservice to the users to have their messages lag
a month behind the intended date...think of it as a customer
service issue.

naw - it's not the server's fault that whoever it is sat on the
authuntication for a month... The only way we could fix that on the
server side is to expire articles... say, if you don't auth it within a
week, it's thrown away. Is that a better solution? I'm not sure. it sure
will save space on the server though.

It would help if the server could "nag" people if their auth response
was never received.  An e-mail reminder could help in case the
original auth request was deleted or never delivered.  I've always
wondered ever since the auth system was put in place how I could know
if I never replied to an auth request...

--Bill.