 Administrative / General / 10090
10089  |  10091
Subject:
Non ISO charaters (was Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:14:45 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> writes:

[...] LUGNET™ trdemark [...]

I've been addressing this issue before, but I think it is about time
to pick it up again.  Matthew, I'm using your article as an example,
no offence!

I frequently see the use of characters which are not in the ISO 8859-1
character set on LUGNET.  One example is the "™" above.  I don't
know if this is posted via the web interface or with a mail/news
agent.  But if it is posted via the web interface, would it be an idea
for the web interface engine to specify the correct character set in
the "Content-Type" header field?  That would make articles which use
non ISO 8859-1 charcters easier to read.

Fredrik