 Administrative / General / 10250
Re: Posting Dates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:24:26 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Rob Doucette wrote:
I like this suggestion. If the message isn't dispositioned within 5
days (I like 3 better) send the entire text of the message back to the
sender via e-mail and remove it from the server. The message could
easily be reposted via newsreader if necessary by the user.

nod, interesting... or send a reminder, saying "if you don't authorize
this post in the next 2 days, it will be deleted"...

Can the NNTP posting date be changed to reflect the authorized date?

it can, but should it? I think the date the message was written is the
date that should appear on it. the authorize date shouldn't matter...

I view the dates differently.  In the authentication scenario, the authorize
date is the date when the poster made a conscious decision to share their
message with the community, the message's birthday.  The date they wrote and
submitted the post can be interpreted as the date of message conception.
Nobody celebrates conception day...  well maybe just the one time ;-)