 Administrative / General / 10087
Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:25:35 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Brian Kasprzyk writes:

-Tim

[1] At first glance, the Bricksmiths assertion is being a bit A-R.  But I
respect Larry's explanation of it and stand behind him because I know how
important the Guild is to him.  There is nothing wrong with Larry making the
very polite assertion he made.

Against better judgement, I am adding another comment to this string.
Larry, you made a 'friendly reminder' for mis-using your trademarked name
(by assertion), yet, here is someone that mis-used your trademarked name
twice!  But, because he is backing your point, not one word of reminder was
posted to him.

That assumes you know my motive or decision process for deciding when, and
whom, to remind. Which you do not.

Which further backs my point of when 'the Guild' or
'Bricksmiths' is used, people know who it represents.

No, actually it bolsters MY point which is that not every instance needs to
be reminded and that some allowance for error and some allowance for the
assertion that if one reminder was issued, (within the thread, or within so
many days, or whatever metric I think will satisfy the "you must make a good
effort" requirement) that's enough.

...and that bolsters MY point. Unless you are willing honour every single
trademark you mention here, you are in absolutely no position to chastise
others for not doing so. Doing so would be sheer hypocrisy. Do you fail to
see that?

Further, if your were to start honouring trademarks just so you could
chastise others I'd be a little worried about you.

Scott A

The alternative would be to write a spider that watches for every occurence
and issues a reminder post. That's insane, in my view. Whether you agree or
not, it's certainly not the gentle reminding that I think would be appropriate.