 Administrative / General / 10059
Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 04:52:21 GMT

Frank did an excellent job of addressing most of the points you raised in
your post. There was one loose end though...

In lugnet.admin.general, Kyle Beatty wrote much that Larry snipped:
In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote but Kyle snipped:

Yes and here, I think, is a perfect example of this:

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=14637

(last line, the guidance is in with a lot of other info in front of it)

I got a note from Paul about it thanking me for the guidance as well as the
public affirmation that was posted in response. If you (the general you the
reader) don't think it was perfect, I'd certainly welcome positive feedback
on improvement in wording or whatever.

I am assuming this example is what you refer to here in your snip text:

<snip of examples of other instances of problems magnified by clumsy
'correction'>

as "clumsy 'correction'"...

Was what I restored such in your mind, or was I misinterpeting what you said?

I would say rather than "clumsy", the example I gave (did you actually go
read it?) was well nigh perfect. The very gentlest of wording tucked into a
quite informative append, and the participant being guided thanked me offline.

How could that be considered clumsy? Please elaborate or clarify.

As Tim said... one of the things that needs discussion is how to do guidance
so it's accepted.

I, and others here as well who care, *will* guide. You need to either get
used to that idea or work to get me banished.

Your input on how  to do so effectively is welcome but unless explicitly
directed otherwise by Todd or Suz, or unless ousted, I (and others) will be
guiding. Hopefully with decreasing frequency, but if the need arises, so be it.