 Administrative / General / 10052
Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:02:59 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Tim Courtney wrote:
But I, and others, have made our views clear on "policing" before - • there is
no real point in doing so again:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=9989

Funny you cite Frank, who doesn't exacly agree with you.  My perception • of
your points is 'leave the policing to the admins, the community members • have
no place in it.'

Interesting... I don't think this is the first time someone has quoted
me under a mis-perception of my point. Perhaps I shouldn't be so polite
in making my points, people seem to mistake my call for politeness and
decency as a call for leaving the administration to the administrators
and not the community.

Whoops.... I wasn't addressing you there.  I was addressing Scott.  Is that
how you took it?  If so, my sincere apologies.

If anyone cared to really understand everything I have ever posted in
the admin groups and .debate they would understand that I very much
value community enforcement of norms.

I do understand that.  I get a lot out of what you contribute to discussion
here.

(I hope) this was a simple miscommunication on my part.

-Tim