 Marketplace / Theory / 2305
Re: Trademarks & Copyrights (Swimming pools & movie stars)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:27:54 GMT

I'll definitely agree with you about "Xerox" having lost its trademark
identity, but I don't think I've ever heard of "Kinko's" being used in
a generic sense.

Not in the UK. A photocopy is still a photocopy here. Although all vacuum
cleaners are "Hoovers" here... but that just sounds right. Is this the same
all over?

Scott A