 Off-Topic / Debate / 15475
15474  |  15476
Subject:
constructive posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:47:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes:

Surly another case of: "do as I say, not as I do"! ;)

Was this a constructive post Scott?  I remember you once asserting that your
posts outside of l.o-t.d were always constructive.

I doubt I said "always"? I would also suggest you read the context to my
comment, where KW was able to show a little humility in his response:
http://news.lugnet.com/market/theory/?n=2252

If we agree that hypocrites chastising people for writing “Lego” rather than
“LEGO(r)” would encourage a non-constructive environment here, then perhaps
my post was constructive? If I wanted to be non-constructive I would have
just called LP a "hypocrite" or let him cause another mess... I done
niether. If you read the entire thread you will see that my view, at least
in part, is shared by others.

You will also note that to end the "debate" I set FUT L.O-T.F. You have
replied to L.O-T.D - was that "constructive" or trouble making? (an honest
question)

Scott A