 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1149
Re: Trademarks & Copyrights (Swimming pools & movie stars)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:49:07 GMT

richard marchetti wrote in message ...

This whole thread is completely psychotic.  "Bricksmith" and "bricksmiths"
are actual words being used in the vernacular --

They are? I thought we made it up :-)

Seriously, a Google search on "bricksmith" doesn't turn up anything that
could be called  "actual words being used in the vernacular".... you get
lots of GoB-related hits, a real estate agent called Brick Smith (really!),
a translation from the Polish, translation from Arabic of some kind, a house
brick business using it as a phone number mnemonic, a mason using it as his
company name... stuff like that.

It's not in the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, or The American Heritage®
Dictionary of the English Language, or Cambridge Dictionaries online. I
don't have an OED to look.

Can you give us some cites?

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com