 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *3474 (-100)
  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I can definitely live without the metal-axle wheels - others may not. But its the design of the buildings of those sets that is great and why they should be reissued. The loss of a metal axle is not a show stopper for me. (...) In reality, no. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) My initial thought is "do not cross out an entire group. You may find some sets are more readily reproduced than others". Having said that, I have no problem living with stickers for printed pieces. I also have no problem with substituting (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What makes a legend?

(...) Some specifics would help… If your alluding specifically to Space sets predating 1980 then we could easily determine which particular sets would likely be chosen for the 2002 up-coming Legends line. With this finite list and our resources we (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

"Brad Justus" <legodirect@lego.com> wrote in message news:GLH3tC.Iw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) and (...) mistakes (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I am still thinking about how to answer all of your questions but in the meantime, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I would be more than happy to accept changes in a set if it ment that we would be able to see classics. Even such major replacements as changing a train set to run on 9v track would be more than acceptable, if it ment we were able to purchase (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  2 legends questions & a suggestion

1.how would licecncing affect re-issues? Would lego still be able to re-issue, say, the 377 shell gas station for example, even though lego had to licence the rights from shell to use the name? What about for example, the origonal town 1682 space (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes: snip (...) snip (...) Well, here's my 2¢: Because I really really like older Lego sets compared to newer sets, I personally would be willing to allow MANY changes to take place. If you were to release one (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Hi Brad, in my own personal thoughts, to me, a LEGO Legend is a typical classic set with (this does all depend on certain ways of looking at it, mind you) maybe pieces that are hard to get in any other set, such as the Guarded in does come (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

A "Legend" is in the eye of the beholder. That being said, here are my beholdings: There are two types of "Legends". One, a set I owned that was great to build, great to look at, great to play with. The second type (the more important one), is a set (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Thank you! I am always glad to help any way I can! (...) (Snipped) (...) Yes... But don't tell me you destroyed the molds! :-( (...) Ok, here goes my opinion: As for metal-axle wheelsets, the replacement is ok (old axles might get rusty... I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

Hi Brad, I think Matthew has pretty much got it bang on here - I agree that the helicopter instructions were great in the Mania magazine. The new version of the model had the same spirit as the original one, even though some of the bricks were (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

  what makes a legend?

We're having a debate here in the ABS-paved halls of LEGO Direct that I'd like to throw open to the community. The topic is: what makes a LEGO Legend a legend? Or, more precisely, if we cannot bring back a set precisely as it was (or pretty darn (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Only 1 day left!

(...) Cross posted for Jake ---...--- -All, Just a quick reminder that there is only one more day left for the first round of LEGO Direct items on eBay's Auction for America! Check out the auctions at: LEGO 20" Giant Mini-fig Display figure - Red (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  Only 1 day left!

(Please cross-post as is appropriate. Thanks!) All, Just a quick reminder that there is only one more day left for the first round of LEGO Direct items on eBay's Auction for America! Check out the auctions at: LEGO 20" Giant Mini-fig Display figure (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: soccer coupons

I received no coupons at all... what about us (I saw others post the same thing!) Todd #949 "Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:GLD53t.7M5@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) some (...) for (...) of (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

(...) I had to use a little more force than I thought prudent, but it finally went in. (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

Don't get me wrong, I think legends is one of the most phenominal things ever (that and the Sopwith Camel). I've been a FOL since I was 2, but just had to supress it for a number of years due to lack of funding. My prior experience with LD/S@H/TLC (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today (Florida, USA)

(...) I had the same problem, though it seems like nothing was skipped in my instructions, just a reprint of the prior step. I just moved on to the next step and didn't see any changes, and when I was finished I didn't have any parts left over (well (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: soccer coupons

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GLD4vz.72x@lugnet.com... (...) The coupon that has the bus on it is actually valid for one of thre sets of which the bus and the Super Sport Coverage are both included. I was confused when I first looked (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  soccer coupons

The soccer coupons that came in the recent Mania Magazine were printed incorrectly. The front side does not match the back side. I would like to use these, however I don't want to be hassled at the store. Is there some way we could get a corrected (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner parts and instruction sheet

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: ... (...) ... Hi Jake. I did exactly this -- unfortunately, the process still needs some adjustment. Here's the e-mail I sent: --- I received two copies of K10001 (10001, 10002) this week (order # (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) Also in California, I have to add here that this is one of the coolest things LEGO has done yet, reissuing a regognized "great set" like this Train kit. My 4 (five in March) year old already loves LEGO and LEGO Trains and we offered him *any* (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) I agree. My shipment of 3 Metro's and 4 club cars arrived Monday. (Vancouver, BC Canada) It was part of my club's order. Dean (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) You must be a relatively new AFOL, Mike. You may have had to wait a month or two, but consider that there are many AFOLs who have been coveting Metroliners and Club Cars for literary *years*. For these sets (and any sets, for that matter) to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

Mike, I received my Club Car today. The reason I was told by LD for the split up of the kit was a packing error, but at the time of my call the Club Car sets were back ordered. I would definitely call, as they put in a work order to get your (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

My Delux Metroliner kit FINALLY arrived to the west coast today, also missing the Club Car. It's after closing time for the LD folks on the opposite coast, but they'll hear from me first thing in the morning. It was bad enough waiting an EXTRA month (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

Scott, you have been asked, twice, to keep this topic in .debate yet you repeatedly redirect it back to lego.direct. How rude. The lego.direct newsgroup is for direct communication, not prolonged discussion. You are in violation of the charter for (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) Do understand that question? A person who gives 100% altruistically will/may not shout about it - so we would not know. (...) I have said why. (...) I doubt it at the current prices, but they were serious bids if that is what you are asking. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

Scott A wrote: That is not my main point. My point is that by giving a little they will also gain. I did not view it as a 100% altruistic effort on their part. So what??? Show me *anyone* who gives 100% altruistically-- it doesn't happen. My point (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) That is not my main point. My point is that by giving a little they will also gain. I did not view it as a 100% altruistic effort on their part. Further, if you take a look at the auctions you will see that I have bid on them (~$850 so far). (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia

(...) I guess thats what happens when you use UPS. Personally, I like Priority Mail (in USA). As for Canada's wonderous mail system, CANADA POST - first class mail seems to take twice as long as first class in US.... oh well... Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia

An update from my order 1. Ordered on the thursday 2. recieved an phone message on the monday - fast shipping! 3. phoned ups got the run around and told to get lego topay as it was their fault 4. phone lego australia, and told to return the order (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia

(...) (much snippage> I don't know if any parallels can be drawn between Australia and Canada, but my experience in Canada leads me to strongly believe that the "bad guys" here aren't S@H, or customs dweebies, but rather UPS. Every *SINGLE* time (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia

(...) Hey Lindsay, one of my parcels from you copped the charges presently bandied about for the S@H orders, it was a biggie though ;^) (...) My thoughts exactly :^) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner parts and instruction sheet

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: (Please cross-post as is appropriate. Thanks!) OK......... All, I just received some information regarding the Metroliner replacement parts and Club Car instruction sheet. I know there has been some (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Metroliner parts and instruction sheet

(Please cross-post as is appropriate. Thanks!) All, I just received some information regarding the Metroliner replacement parts and Club Car instruction sheet. I know there has been some confusion this week about how to get these items. We are (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

Is it just me, or is Lego making those tapered front train parts differently? I tried to build it the way it says in the directions, and guess what? The little trans-yellow thingy won't fit. Anyone else getting this? (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Australian Shipping Issues Update

Thanks for the info Jake, Cross posting to loc.au -- Jason King LugNet #665 Jake McKee <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:GL3vr5.1BK@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) software (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Australian Shipping Issues Update

(Please cross-post as is appropriate. Thanks!) Australian customers, The Shop At Home team has been working very hard to resolve the problems that have occurred with GST and customs recently. I just received word that the problem has been (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

(...) I think you are right. I called again this morning and spoke with Maureen. She said that there might be some people that work in the evening that may not have gotten the word. She said that they had the parts and that they would be sent to me. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia

(...) Dunno how they decide, seems a little random, I've definitely had to pay duty on one package from the US - about US$600 IIRC. But it's looking like this problem with S@H is getting sorted, so I've got my fingers crossed... (...) 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

(...) I'm surprised. I asked the S@H reps and even *they* knew about the issue--but that's Enfield. Maybe you just got someone in some overflow cubicle somewhere? Even at CA? All I know is that others have gotten them. best LFB (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia

(...) I'm surprised. Category 95033000 gets charged duty? If I ship things from AU to the USA under "toys, plastic, parts and whole" there's no duty. I had thought it would work similarly in return. Though maybe they classify these as coming from (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today (Florida, USA)

LD and AFOL, My 10001/10002 combo came via UPS today. I have not yet built the Metro Liner, but I can see that it has light blue small windows (these need to be replaced) I am also not to happy with the packaging of this set, all the bags of parts, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

I got my Metroliner and club car today! It had the blue windows ((URL) so I call the number found in Jake's note and was transfered to Consumer Affairs. They where very friendly but had no idea what I was talking about. I read the note to her - she (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) Roger that... By auctioning off what are quite unique and hard to get items, LD is ensuring that these should go for pretty good sums... nice work. ++Lar (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: s@home australia customs again

(...) This may be a good option if it's not cleared up soon. However the people currently having trouble most likely ordered (and more importantly shipped) before this response (URL) so LD would not have had any easy way to get documentation to UPS (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) It's OK, we all knew what you meant! The fact that you're doing something about the tragedies says enough. Toki PS it is Pittsburgh :-) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) You are a piece of work. Who are you to tell people to whom they may give charitably?? And where is the chart that ranks needy causes (or is that just your opinion?) Your arrogance is only exceeded by your stupidity. (...) B as in B; S as in (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel writes: I ordered 10 of #10000 Guarded Inn a while ago, and inside the set was a Indian painted horse. Inside the box though they had 10 normal white horses. A #10000 "fix it kit"? -Jonathan (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

I'm pleased to hear that you got the replacement parts. I phoned Lego UK today, to ask for the parts pack, but nobody knew anything about it. I mentioned the mail from Jake, but I don't know how much contact Lego UK has with Lego in the US. The lady (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof

(...) a nice touch... maybe TLG will make it as bundle it as a service pack ;-) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Holidays site launches!

(...) ...That was going to be my suggestion! ...I really like the model instructions and will try to build some tho as others have pointed out, green 2x2 corner plates are hard to come by. --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com jains.has.it <-- Jain's Guide (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) It looks like it is a TLC effort. This is a great token of support, but I can’t help but think this is a cynical promotional effort rather a 100% wish to do good. There are a lot of kids on the planet, very few of which can afford Lego. I (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Holidays site launches!

(...) Yeh, and those 1x1 white tiles aren't that easy to get either! You'd think that Lego would have checked that out before posting those instructions! Or maybe they just wanted to surprise us with some dynamite service packs or bulk brick (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Holidays site launches!

(...) If not bulk, how about as small sets available at ShopAtHome? (Some of them would make great part packs :) ) Ron (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:GL0Du8.545@lugnet.com... (...) Jake - While I think it is great that you all are doing this, do you check to see if the parts in the instructions are readily available? For example, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Holidays site launches!

(...) (URL) URLs please! (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  New Holidays site launches!

(Please cross-post as is appropriate. Thanks!) Greetings once again! I just wanted to let you all know that we have launched our new Holidays site at: www.LEGO.com/holidays Currently there is several Holiday themed building instructions up with (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

Just received my replacement parts yesterday. (Haven't seen the Metroliner yet). Came loose in a big yellow envelope, although I got 3 black hairpieces, not just the one replacement. 2 pony tails and one pig tails. and a bunch of clear windows. Hope (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) I feel like a heel...what I meant to say was NYC, Washington D.C. and *Pittsburg*. Sorry about that error. Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) It is not clear to me if this is a gesture by Lego or its staff. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question on S@H Australia and in general.

Hi Ed, Item 5300 is now available for Australia - cost price AUD 49.95 - please check the web. "Not Available" can mean a few things. Either the product is no longer available or we do not have all information we need to sell the item, ex. price. If (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Question on S@H Australia and in general.

Hello, Just wondering if someone can please clarify exactly what "Not Available" means on an item in the Shop.. does it imply not available at this point in time, or not available ever again? Can we possibly get some indication on when these types (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H delivery -- only 1 charge for many parcels?

(...) I do the same thing. I also take orders from other people in our club. The greatest number of separate shipments for one order so far has been 7. heh. I feel as though I get my moneys worth. On the other hand I'm at the whim of the exchange (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shipment delays

(...) It takes about 9 days here ONCE it ships. They state in the catalog 7 to 10 days for BC. They mean WORKING DAYS and don't count the days until the order ships. I've noticed that no matter when I place an order it always goes out on a Thursday. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) You took the word right out of my mouth, Chris! Bravo, Brad et al! -John (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) Class!Once again LD is leading the way:-) (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Lego Direct on eBay?!?

(...) No worries, Scott. See: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  eBay's Auction for America

(Can someone please cross-post this as is appropriate? Thanks!) All, Like the rest of the world, we at LEGO are deeply saddened by the tragic events in New York City, Washington D.C. and Philadelphia. As a way to help aid in the disaster relief, we (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego Direct on eBay?!?

I ran across this: (URL) anybody heard about this? I sure hope this isn't a scam. -- Scott (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 2x2x7 White Lamp Posts 4-Sale

(...) I could use about 1000 in my boardwalk park....anyone with a city could probably use 4 per 32x32 baseplate.... Paul Sinasohn (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 2x2x7 White Lamp Posts 4-Sale

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Richard Marchetti writes: <SNIP> Hey, Hop-Frog ---- Wanna share whatever it is you're smoking? Bring it up to my hot tub in Oakland and we'll do some good 'que beforehand.... Paul Sinasohn (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

I just got off the phone with Consumer Services at Lego (1-800-835-4386) about the two parts errors in the 10001 Metroliner. (See (URL) ) When you call, you will be transfered from the sales reps to a Consumer Services rep. I mentioned that I had (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof

(...) I agree with Lawrence. I prefer the original roof. Anyway, it's not paper, it's a fairly durable plastic. On top of that it's printed, and looks a lot better on the model than anything you could do with current bricks. I can't say I'm a big (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Australian Shipping Update

Jake, I am also one of these customers that was contacted. What is your advice in regard to our order that has been made already. The UPS shipping fellow told me I had to pay. Are lego sorting this on behalf of all the australian orders made so far? (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk 1x1 Bricks

(...) I brashly set out to construct using 1x1 gray bricks as ornament... 160 of the little buggers later, I have 3 sides of a 4-sided building. And no more of the little buggers. Really I'm amazed that I was able to keep going this far. I've never (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia

Hi All, I had a similar experience with the lego shop at home from an order placed on thursday. My order was 295 +90 shipping. The people at UNited Postal service have also asked me for $90. Apparently we pay 50 for the customs people? for opening (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Ummm Shop@Home Australia... where are you? *sniff*

(...) Thankyou for your prompt response! This is great news. Now I just have to figure out what to order first, my wishlist is much bigger than my budget at the moment :) Deidre drb@tasmail.com (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Australian Shipping Update

(...) <snip> Thanks James, for copying this post over. It was a needful thing to do. (Due to the nature of the loc.au community and how many readers use the newsgroups, there are many folks that never would have seen this post were it confined to (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia

(...) You could well be right. I was basing my comments on a phone call I made to Customs just prior to the introduction of the GST. The person with whom I spoke told me that prior to GST, there would be sales tax payable on imported Lego but it was (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 2x2x7 White Lamp Posts 4-Sale

(...) =o| -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Australian Shipping Update

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: To our Australian online customers, A customer in Australia was contacted by UPS concerning a delivery where she was asked to pay both Customs and GST before it could be delivered. This is a mistake! LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Australian Shipping Update

To our Australian online customers, A customer in Australia was contacted by UPS concerning a delivery where he was asked to pay both Customs and GST before it could be delivered. This is a mistake! LEGO Direct pays all Customs, GST and fees on (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 2x2x7 White Lamp Posts 4-Sale

(...) LEGO could do worse (at gathering marketing info) than watching BB scarcity, ne? Of course what is spendy at low availability may not be worth much in large quantity (who here needs 10,000 of these lamp posts?? Even I don't need THAT many) so (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 2x2x7 White Lamp Posts 4-Sale

(...) ummmm.. That would be the 'Scarce Parts on BB' Service Pack ? You forgot to mention the pitchforks. <lol> Ray (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 2x2x7 White Lamp Posts 4-Sale

(...) You might as well reveal it--no one from TLC reads lego.direct anyway. And if you're correct about that accessory pack, I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to offer you safe haven. 8^) Dave! (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 2x2x7 White Lamp Posts 4-Sale

(...) Of course, you'll still be able to get a dollar or so for the lampposts while other smaller elements from the pack only fetch a nickel or so. (...) They won't risk it because there is some speculation that sets using a primarily black and/or (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 2x2x7 White Lamp Posts 4-Sale

(...) Actually I heard these might be available from an accessory pack soon, for around $0.20 USD each (if you calculate the price out per element) -- they will be packed with white straight and curved spindled fences, those belville style arched (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia

(...) Not if the freight, customs & GST increase the prices by 50%. (...) Well, I checked out that page you posted the other day (URL) and is does seem to indicate duty is payable as it always was 8?( Also, this page (URL) customs duty is 5% of the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: dear lego, will you be issuing a s@h catalog for australia?

(...) as far as I know. The S@H web site doesn't list everything that's available either. The only way to find out for sure if a specific item is available is to phone S@H and ask (and even then you have to make sure to get the regular phone reps, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:3BBFA850.703090....com.au... (...) The European catalogue does not show a full range of product. Far from it. The shop at home web site is the only difinitive source of what is on offer (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: dear lego, will you be issuing a s@h catalog for australia?

(...) As we're being supplied from the European S@H, I imagine we'll get the same catalog. (...) You'll probably get one with each order. You may be able to request one via the web site, but they'd probably charge to mail it. May be worth ringing (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  dear lego, will you be issuing a s@h catalog for australia?

Will lego shop @ home/lego direct be printing a shop at home catalog for australia? If so, when will the first one be available? Will it show the full range of product, like the US and european catalogs do? (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: australia and new zealand, your moment has come!

Hi All, Just back from a week away from any access to the net. I'm slowly reading through the 160 new messages that have been added this past week. Someone may have commented on this already. POSTAGE!!! Up to 25 AUD 50.00 AUD 25.01 - 125.00 60.00 (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Ummm Shop@Home Australia... where are you? *sniff*

(...) BONZA!!! Mel (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H delivery -- only 1 charge for many parcels?

(...) I actually like to order that way. I don't buy an item or two, I wait every three or four months to purchase a lot of items. But the nice thing about ordering "backordered" items is that it saves me money. The items that are not backordered (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train Show Events Calendar

(...) Ok Jake MichLTC info has been sent your way. Chris Leach MichLTC (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains.org)

  Train Show Events Calendar

(Can someone please cross-post to .trains.org? Thanks!) To the Trainheads among us, We are working on adding an events calendar to the www.LEGO.com/trains site. This calendar will be a worldwide listing of events where Train Clubs are showing at an (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact