 Local / Australia / 7388
Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 06:25:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
This is all very worrying, and does not bode well for S@H in Australia.

Not if the freight, customs & GST increase the prices by 50%.
...[snipped]
I would also guess that means nothing to customs if the GST value is not
documented on the invoice / receipt. Not having seen a receipt yet, I don't
know whether thats the case or not. But it looks like we're probably gonna be
up for duty anyway.

  I'm surprised.  Category 95033000 gets charged duty?  If I ship
  things from AU to the USA under "toys, plastic, parts and whole"
  there's no duty.  I had thought it would work similarly in return.
  Though maybe they classify these as coming from the EU and not
  from the USA?

  I'm just speaking from personal experience, but I've never had
  any Australian recipients charged duty, even on packages declared
  at US$300+ and marked "merchandise."  But maybe I just got lucky?

Dunno how they decide, seems a little random, I've definitely had to pay duty
on one package from the US - about US$600 IIRC. But it's looking like this
problem with S@H is getting sorted, so I've got my fingers crossed...

  Frassin' rassin' sacca' raccin' customs dweebies.

8?)

ROSCO