 Local / Australia / 7352
Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 03:56:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi All,
I had a similar experience with the lego shop at home from an order placed
on thursday.
My order was 295 +90 shipping. The people at UNited Postal service have also
asked me for $90. Apparently we pay 50 for the customs people? for opening
our parcels I don't know and also GST on the parcels and the freight.

United Postal service advised me that it is a mistake made at the Lego
company's end and to have them ring on my behalf to have it sorted.

Well the Lego's response (phoned them) was that there was a glitch in the
system and to send the lego back. They would not pay the charges on my
behalf even though it was their mistake.

So the decision is

to pay another $90 and actually get the lego or return the lego and end up
paying the $90 express postage and get no lego for it?

I have sent an email to europe shop at home but as yet have heard nothing.

I also find it interesting that even though our orders had $100 difference
in the amount that the charge is the same.

ps Lego australia believe they will have it sorted by thursday not that that
helps any customers who bought from them already.

not happy jan

tara