 Local / Australia / 7336
7335  |  7337
Subject:
Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 06:13:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Important information for all people intending to purchase from Lego S@H.
I made a purchase on October 4th to the value of AU$198. Today I received
a phone call from United Postal Service to inform me my parcel was in
Melbourne, but that I had to pay Customs and GST before it could be delivered.
She was also under the impression that the value of the parcel was $US198.
I told her that I had been informed that GST had been included in the price
and that Customs duty was not imposed on parcels under the value of $AU200.
I now have to fax the receipt proving the cost of the items and they will
present this to the brokers who will then re-evaluate the case re GST and
Customs. I will let you know what happens. Customs were wanting $50 and $40
for the GST, an extra $90 on top of the already outrageous postage cost, but
the parcel did arrive in the 4-8 days as Lego said it would. I think in
future it will be cheaper to pay more for the items I want and get them sent
to my
uncle in Holland who can then forward the parcels on and claim they are a gift.
Frances