 Local / Australia / 7350
Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 03:33:52 GMT

Customs were wanting $50 and $40
for the GST, an extra $90 on top of the already outrageous postage cost, but
the parcel did arrive in the 4-8 days as Lego said it would. I think in
future it will be cheaper to pay more for the items I want and get them sent
to my
uncle in Holland who can then forward the parcels on and claim they are a >gift.

Sounds much like the quandry faced by Canadians having to now order from the
States.  We saw this when LEGO shut down their Canadian operations and began
sending catalogs from the U.S. with increased shipping rates.  My solution
was simpler though... I simply stopped ordering.  I have not spent one penny
to order items from LEGO in the U.S.

I'm sure my micro-boycott isn't worrying the folks at LEGO, but I know that
it makes me feel better.

Regards,
Allan