 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3419
Re: New Holidays site launches!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:54:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mike Walsh writes:

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
(Please cross-post as is appropriate. Thanks!)

Greetings once again!

I just wanted to let you all know that we have launched our new Holidays
site at:

www.LEGO.com/holidays

Currently there is several Holiday themed building instructions up with
several more coming soon!

Check it out!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Sr. Producer
LEGO Direct

Jake -

While I think it is great that you all are doing this, do you check to see
if the parts in the instructions are readily available?

For example, the 2x2 corner plate in the tree in green is only available in
the 3724 Dragon sculpture.  The 4x4 white radar dish is only available
(currently) in the 4120 Creator Tub.  The green 1x10 only appeared in the
8479 Barcode Mult-Set.  The cost to build one tree (if you can even find a
8479 set anymore) is prohibitive.

If these parts are going to be available in bulk anytime soon then my
complaint will be retracted, otherwise the tree (I didn't investigate any of
the others) is too expensive to build to be practical and I think you are
doing a disservice to your customers.

For those of us who are educated about your product line we know to get
around some of these limitations or where to find some of these elements on
the secondary market.  What are the 99.9% of your customers who don't know
about Brickbay et. al. supposed to do?

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot

Mike
Yeh, and those 1x1 white tiles aren't that easy to get either!  You'd think
that Lego would have checked that out before posting those instructions!
Or maybe they just wanted to surprise us with some dynamite service packs or
bulk brick options!
...still dreamin',
Tom