 Trains / 13545
Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 02:20:01 GMT

I got my Metroliner and club car today!  It had the blue windows
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=76103) so I call the number
found in Jake's note and was transfered to Consumer Affairs.  They where
very friendly but had no idea what I was talking about.  I read the note to
her - she said that they did not have the parts and she would ask around and
that maybe I should "call back in a few days."

Bob Hayes

In lugnet.trains, Wayne Tyrrell writes:
Just received my replacement parts yesterday.  (Haven't seen the Metroliner
yet).  Came loose in a big yellow envelope, although I got 3 black
hairpieces, not just the one replacement.  2 pony tails and one pig tails.
and a bunch of clear windows.

[snip]

Bryan Kinkel <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message
I just got off the phone with Consumer Services at Lego (1-800-835-4386)
about the two parts errors in the 10001 Metroliner.

(See http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3302 )

When you call, you will be transfered from the sales reps to a Consumer
Services rep. I mentioned that I had the new 10001 Metroliner and wanted • to
get the replacement parts for it. (When I said Metroliner, she replied • "the
4558?" ;) She did not know about the errors and got off the line to do • some
checking.

When she came back she asked what the errors were, so I read off the note
from Jake McKee (see link above). She again went off line to check and • came
back and understood exactly what was wrong.

So the parts (hair and windows)  are being sent, should take a few days to
get to my house.

I suspect they would have the parts all ready to go in little baggies....
like a little Metroliner Fix It Kit.

Anybody else call in to get the replacement parts?

Bryan