 Harry Potter / 834
Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:58:05 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Sorry, didn't really do much for me.
Looks like some missile silo opening.

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Marchetti writes:
Maybe, but at least Troy has managed to build something half-way decent from
available elements -- which more than hints at what TLC could have done had
it chosen to do so.  Plus Troy's design is compatible with the featured
unfolding aspect of the main structure -- which should have been the goal in
designing a roof in any case -- the unfolding design is what makes the main
structure interesting.

I agree with Lawrence.  I prefer the original roof.  Anyway, it's not paper,
it's a fairly durable plastic.  On top of that it's printed, and looks a lot
better on the model than anything you could do with current bricks.  I can't
say I'm a big fan of the large blocks that make up five of the walls, or the
way the back of the fireplace isn't secured at the top, but overall it's a
fantastic looking model.  Opening it up to a semi-circle provides a
brilliant playset, and it's good value for parts.

If your roof doesn't look right, or won't open, then you're folding it
wrong.  Mine looks fine.  Just because you can't build something like that
from your existing parts, doesn't mean the Lego company has to stick to old
stuff too.

Another missed opportunity for TLC.

Hardly.  It's a great set and they deserve to sell a lot of them.

Jason J Railton