 Harry Potter / 835
Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:55:43 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Troy Cefaratti writes:
As many of my fellow Lego enthusiasts are, I to am quite unhappy with the
roof on the Harry Potter set Hagrid's Hut.  So, I spent about an hour or so
this evening (well morning actually) designing a new roof for it.  While i'm
not going to claim that it's the greatest thing, I do believe that it is
much better than the roof supplied with the set.

Pictures can be seen here:

Comments are of course welcomed.

Part list (all in black):
8 4x9 Wings
8 4x6 Plates without Corners
8 1x1 Bricks
8 1x1 Plates
8 2x4 Plates
4 1x6 Plates
16 1x2 Hinge Bottoms
16 1x2 Hinge Tops

There are 86 new pieces total in the roof.  The old roof consisted of 34
pieces, so the roof would have added 52 pieces to the set.  Using an average
of $0.10 per piece, this would have added $5.20 tot he cost of the set.

Troy
Troy's Surplus Lego
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=mnementh

Great idea.....and looks a whole lot better....

a nice touch... maybe TLG will make it as bundle it as a service pack ;-)

Benjamin Medinets