 Harry Potter / 818
Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 19:27:05 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Sorry, didn't really do much for me.
Looks like some missile silo opening.

Maybe, but at least Troy has managed to build something half-way decent from
available elements -- which more than hints at what TLC could have done had
it chosen to do so.  Plus Troy's design is compatible with the featured
unfolding aspect of the main structure -- which should have been the goal in
designing a roof in any case -- the unfolding design is what makes the main
structure interesting.

Another missed opportunity for TLC.

Besides some of the HP elements -- which of themselves are cool, taken out
of context from the sets they come in -- the only interesting thing to have
happened lately is the "Holy Grail" short.  I can only hope that the visor
appearing in that movie is a prototype or finished design for things to
come.  The kind of thing it hints at is fairly exciting for a castle-head
like myself. I just hope that the good design doesn't stop at the creation
of elements but also goes to the creation of great SET designs overall.

-- Hop-Frog