 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3379
Re: australia and new zealand, your moment has come!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 14:00:39 GMT

Hi All,

Just back from a week away from any access to the net. I'm slowly reading through the 160 new messages that have
been added this past week. Someone may have commented on this already.

POSTAGE!!!

Up to 25 AUD       50.00 AUD
25.01 - 125.00       60.00 AUD
125.01 - 175.00     70.00 AUD
175.01 - 250.00     80.00 AUD
250.01+                 90.00 AUD

All the set price compensation in the world is not worth these horrendous postage charges.
The Lego direct site starts off by saying:

"Chose from these fast, convenient shipping methods. "

First of all, they appear to only offer one shipping method and and it isn't "mass" based.
Anything larger than a small padded post bag costs a bomb from Europe especially if sent by airmail. So, unless it
is a small packet I always get the seller to send it surface. I wonder if Lego will offer this option. By
comparison, the US offers far cheaper airmail postage options to Australia.

Yes, I know, these postage price encourage people to pool their orders which in turn would guarantee the unwanted
attention of customs as any order that would make the above postage prices reasonable would definitely be in
excess of $100

I'll be very interested to see the results of peoples use of this "service", and make "final cost" comparisons
with ordering from US S@H.

Sorry for raining on the parade!

Mark H.

Richie Dulin wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
"Michael Golaszewski" <michaelg@ozbricks.com> wrote >> Ummm, ok, I think that price is just right.... :)
That's the first complaint that the items are too cheap...

No. It's a complaint they are too expensive everywhere else :-)
Like if it is going to be AUD 76.95 in Australia, how come it is the equivalent of AUD 103.80 here in the UK?
Something doesn't seem quite right.

It's just compensation for the amount on time we've been without S@H in
Australia ;-) .

Cheers