 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3331
Re: australia and new zealand, your moment has come!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:39:57 GMT

"Brad Justus" <legodirect@lego.com> wrote in message news:GKE2or.4nn@lugnet.com...
I am pleased to announce that LEGO Shop At Home service will be available to
Australia and New Zealand beginning Thursday, October 4 (yes, October 4 of
this year, for the cynics among you...).

You will be able to order essentially the entire LEGO retail assortment (as
seen in our online shop) as well as all LEGO Direct exclusive items (trains,
sculptures -- including the Sopwith Camel and the new Star Wars sculptures
-- bulk elements, and more). Pricing will be in your local currencies; for
retail items, prices will be consistent with what you'd expect to pay in
your local shop. LEGO Direct exclusive items will be priced consistently
with what you see on LEGO.com, adjusted for currency rates. (For example,
the Sopwith Camel will be AUD 76.95 and NZD 89.95.)

That price seems very cheap.
The current  price of the Sopwith Camel is USD 49.99.
Whereas AUD 76.95 converts to just USD 37.81.
And NZD 89.95 is just USD 36.22.

This hardly seems to fit in with 'LEGO Direct exclusive items will be priced consistently with what you see on LEGO.com,
adjusted for currency rates. '

regards
lawrence