 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3470
Re: what makes a legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:22:28 GMT

So here's my question for you all: how much compromise can you live with?
Should we just cross any older Town set off the consideration list because
we can't use the metal-axle wheelsets? Are stickers ok? How many changes are
allowed before it's not a Legend anymore? Where do you -- where should we --
draw the line? Is the Legend in the spirit of the overall set or in the details?

I would be more than happy to accept changes in a set if it ment that we
would be able to see classics. Even such major replacements as changing
a train set to run on 9v track would be more than acceptable, if it ment
we were able to purchase such classic sets as 7740 or 7722.

Next year, we hope to give you at least one opportunity to vote -- from a
short list of candidates -- for the Legend set you'd like to see us make.

Whatever you do, PLEASE make sure the list has sets from several
different themes and not just all town sets or all space sets or
whatever, give people a choice of which theme they want to see.