 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3472
Re: What makes a legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:12:43 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:
We're having a debate here in the ABS-paved halls of LEGO Direct that I'd
like to throw open to the community.
The topic is: what makes a LEGO Legend a legend? Or, more precisely, if we
cannot bring back a set precisely as it was (or pretty darn close), can it
still qualify as a Legend?

Some specifics would help…
If your alluding specifically to Space sets predating 1980 then we could
easily determine which particular sets would likely be chosen for the 2002
up-coming Legends line. With this finite list and our resources we would
target the likely sets and propose possible alternatives for out-dated or
inferior parts.  (e.g. Old Space helmets in set # ‘497 Galaxy Explorer’ and
other various details involved in updating it to be initiated into the
Legends line.                 http://guide.lugnet.com/set/497)

Therefore, all we need is a certain direction to provide qualitative
is far too grand in scope.    (Although I do appreciate you situation, and
how you don’t want to spoil any surprises.)

So, just maybe cough in a particular direction and we’ll do our best to
facilitate!

Melody Brown wrote:
If you ever need help in knowing what to plan as far as what the fan is
wanting in future LEGO sets, then you know where to ask! :)

Oh, and just to assist your Lego Futura team here’s a future themes list;
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=32839

         Sincerely,

                       --==RiçhärÐ==--

        You can reach me  @
Shroud_of_Kung_Fu@Hotmail.com

.                                                     -Lego good, Canada great-®