 Castle / 800 (+100)
  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) using (...) remote (...) battery (...) too (...) You might still ask. Offer to pay the shipping cost. Someone who has way to many might just give you one. Of course if you think about the cost of batteries, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) <sniped bits> (...) Sure, why not. It can't hurt to ask, neh? Is there anyone out there willing to give me a plug-in transformer? I'll pay shipping costs, either as cash, or as credit in my next parts sale. Heck, if someone steps up to bat, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) very difficult to model. I am hopeing that using your buildings as inspiration will help me along to path to making better buildings. Great work! Eric K. The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I was going to say flat-out no, but then I remembered I *did* have one playmobil set. My dad actually just told me I had more than one... Weird, I don't remember that... Guess I was blocking it out of my mind... (probably with lego blocks ;-) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Shiri wrote in message ... (...) at (...) thousands (...) It (...) I'm 99.99% certain we didn't have any Playmobil. When did it start being sold in the US? Frank (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) castle. Wow!! Wish I had space for something that immense. Ed "Boxer" Jones (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) I liked that too! And the use of inverted black arcs, also. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

Ben I think it is called half-timbered construction Don't know the style (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) Yes but here in the USA it's called Tudor :) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  WAS: Gold Tap Inn

Hello everyone and thanks for all the feedback on my last posting! I've been away from the computer for the past couple days so I wasn't able to answer all of the replies it produced, hence I'm doing it all at once here. In the next week I will post (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

(...) get (...) some, (...) too (...) I found a nice and realistic way to place a horizontal lego piece across to make Tudor (easier than saying Half Timber) :) Lord Doyle Of Nelsonshire (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Besides the great line of Playmobil 'accessory packs', there's one other thing we wish LEGO would do similarly: To celebrate its 25th anniversary, Playmobil just released a rerun of their classic Playmobil truck from 1975 ! And it's even budget (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

Care to share it??? (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

(...) Horizontal is OK: how about diagonal? That's the hard part (even the miniland half-timbered buildings use stepped standard bricks which looks bad close up). Kevin (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

(...) make Tudor (easier than saying Half Timber) :) (...) After thinking about this one, the only thing I can think of would be to put 1x1 or 1x2 technic beams w/ single hole in the wall, with a technic 1/2 peg, and then stick on long black tiles (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

Very nice! Very nice site overall! -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman (URL) "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Dan <Blackened@visi.com> wrote in message news:FLqnr1.9s4@lugnet.com... (...) catalog at (...) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Figures

I managed to put a good one together not too long ago ... Try this: Black waist/Brown Legs Black or Brown Torso Flat Plate Armor - the kind that came with the Yellow Castle - without any decals, of course. head with reddish-brown beard and stubble (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

(...) make Tudor (easier than saying Half Timber) :) (...) Darn! I meant Diagonal! It was late :) Doyle (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  ordinery vs. action minifigs

I've been reading with interest some of the threads about how almost all the Lego minifigs, especially Lego, are action-oriented (soldiers and stuff), and how few "normal folk" there are. I guess Lego is assuming that kids would find these boring. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I agree that there should be more mundane characters available or at least parts (body parts too) to make our own. I always had more fun putting ordinary people in extraordinary situations as a child, it offered more role- play ability. My (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) How about Farm animals for our PIG carts and farms! They should quit making dinolegos and start making some animals for our castle figs to eat! also tall wheat would be nice too and lego sacks of flour. Doyle (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I haven't made a pig yet, but I managed a fair sheep. OK, it's a bit larger than a minifig-scale sheep ought to be - selective compression strikes again? Or the LEGOfolk saw the paucity of animals and bred the ones they had for size? I don't (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I've got to disagree about Majisto. All the "specialness" on Majisto are parts. Just parts, parts that can be removed from one fig, and used on another fig. Without the wizard's hat, beard, cape and wand, Majisto is just a blue peasant. No (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Yeah, I tend to agree that Majisto's torso is rather good for making peasants-- although I still wish I had more other colors of the peasant torso... offhand, I can only think of grey, green and blue tunic torsos... I think the best would be (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  reference material

Need diagrams and floor plans of castles and docks. Where on the net can I download this information, preferable of castles from the mid to late 1400. Where are websites that provide detailed plans of castles, battles, and sieges. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I took my extra majisto figs and turned them into traveling merchants and highwaymen using extra hoods and hats from wolfpack and forestmen sets. I agree that the majisto fig offered several creative opportunities. My current favorite is (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: reference material

And if anyone similar reference material from the 16th to 19th centuries (pirates era), especially forts and docks, I'd love to see it. :) -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Guarded Inn- White or Yellow cup?

Ok, my roomate got the Guarded Inn a long time ago... and to humor me, brought it to our apartment to show me what the actual set REALLY looked like. So last night I FINALLY got to build the Guarded Inn (6067), even though it's not mine :( BUT-- she (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) Yes - the peasant torso had already been around for years, used in both the peasants and in some of the forestmen (with the torso in green). (Then, the torso made a reappearance in Dark Forest, but slightly (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I heard that. It's true. 20 plus postage for a used one, 25 plus postage for a new one. Standing offer. (...) So you have money to blow on batteries but not on the more ecologically sound alternative?? Take the long view (say, more than 5 (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I currently have six Blue Wizards, two Green Wizards, one Black Wizard (Necromancer), a Druid, and two Liches as the magical forces in my kingdom. To make the Blue Archmage, I just replaced the plastic cape with an extra Darth Maul cloth cape. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Ok, big question: which freestyle sets came with the green wizard hats? I don't own any green ones, but I'd love to go hunt some down... were they offered in multiple freestyle sets? Or just one? Any idea on the current availability? Were they (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I am going to go out on a limb and say that it was the Silver Aniversary Bucket. I am guessing because I think I have 3 hats and 3 of those buckets. I will check again when I get home but I am fairly sure of this. (...) It may have also been (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) don't (...) 4128 XL Freestyle bucket, which isn't available anymore, as far as I know. There is a Freestyle Set that I saw at the PM Lego Outlet store (I think) that had one. I'll check with someone who'll be going soon. I suppose you could (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I run the batteries for 5-10 minute periods when showing it off or taking pictures. 6 batteries have lasted me well over a year now. Batteries=cheap. We also have lots of other stuff in the house that can use batteries and that don't have a DC (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I got a bunch from a previous Auczilla and wouldn't mind parting with a couple. I'll be at our next NELUG meeting and could bring them. Dan M. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: reference material

(...) Dunno about the Web, but check out the book _Castle_ by David McCauley (sp?) It should be in just about every single library. It also had a rather amusing PBS show which went along with it. Basically, it traces the early history of a fictional (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Not to horn in on Dave's territory, but if you have any spares leftover after making him happy, I'd love one. I was just too cheap to buy a whole bucket to get one. :D eric (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) There was a bucket which came with them. There is also a current set which comes with it. It is the Classic Building Table set. A halfway decent set, though you do get a Timmy. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn- White or Yellow cup?

Yes. :) I have it (and have the white cup, I'm looking for a blue cup because I lost that one). -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News Opens everywhere, January (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Is that the torso with the notched collar? Seems like that one was in a bunch of colors... Steve (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) except (...) I was thinking of this figure. (URL) you thinking of this one, Steve? (URL) you mean the forestman with the colored collar, that's an interesting contrast to the figure I was thinking about. The plate mail (or if someone has a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) don't (...) Email me your address and I'll send you one, Dave. Then, out of the blue, give something to someone else gratis. =) -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: reference material

(...) sieges. (...) I have the book _Castle_ by David McCauley, real good book. You also might check out the book _Castles Their Construction and History_ by Sidney Toy. It should be at the library as well. Dan (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

Oops. (...) in the width of apparent waist, but she has a shoulder strap and belt with buckle, too. So it is a significantly different torso. It wasn't the grog that made her look thicker -- there's no visible lacing on her blouse. A pirate wench's (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle structure advice...

Over the Xmas holidays, I'm hoping to start work on my medieval village. The cornerstone of this village will be a big castle (around 3 storeys) on a mountain of BURPS around 2 storeys high. My quandary for which I seek seasoned castle-builders' (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) I guess one question you need to ask is how static/dynamic do you want your model to be? Are you going to be moving people around on a daily basis or are you going to just let it be for months on end. If your model is going to be dynamic, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Well, unfortunately, it's gonna have to be a combination of static and dynamic, i.e. static in the ~3 month periods I'm off at Uni, but dynamic for the 1 month holidays when I get to play, play, play! I hadn't thought of doing a hing on just (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Now I can't really say I am a "castle architect" because I have just started modeling castle themed buildings but I just completed (Minus about 12 arches I am still in search of) a small Church/Chapel and I used a different technique all (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

<SNIP> (...) dynamic, (...) month (...) Combine all three methods. Use option 3 for the BURP level. ie lift the castle portion off the BURPs, and the use options 1 or 2 for just the castle levels. Dan M. (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

<SNIP> (...) Which arches do you need? (...) into the walls. Do you run into any trouble during the actual snapping of the two sections together? (...) Good Point -- Do you have any idea what the width and depth is going to be? (...) I definitely (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) What I need are... 11 1x4x1 Gray Arches 1 1x6x1 Gray Arch I did notice that the Large "Moo Men" set for next year has quite a few of both. This catalog scan has the best picture. Look at the model on the right side of the pic. (URL) anyone has (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) I'd certainly agree... size is everything. The larger a model is, the more difficult it becomes to modify it. And it sounds like you're planning a pretty big model (being more than 30 bricks in height). Hence, I'd argue for either the open (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

I used pneumatics to make a castle tower extend as a telescope. Obviously, it was a fantasy castle. (URL) Buildings: Frost Castle. Eric Brok -------- Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Submit your own link: (URL) section: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Help!

I just recently purchased a 10 gallon bucket full of lego sets at a garage sale (for only $12.00!) for my two young children. Problem is-no instructions to tell me what I have. It looks like I have two castles, two boats with hulls and motor (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) Check out www.brickshelf.com . This is Kevin Loch's site and you can find most directions for sets that are over 3 years old there. Good luck, Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) hulls (...) most (...) Thanx so much Eric, I'm headed there right now! Tammy Goddard (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) The shields with the lions would be the the Royal Knight sets, I think. The shields with dragons on them either go back to the Black Knight sets or the Dragon Master sets, most likely. On the bigger shields, are the dragons blue, or green? The (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) hulls (...) My two cents, Also, if you look through some of the catalog scans here in the guide you notice that cetain sets have parts unique to each set, such as a spiral staircase with Dark Dragon's Den, yellow and black house walls with (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) Either that or Crusaders/Lionhearts! (...) Well... we're kind of assuming that there are actually large castles in the collection if we say that :) .And, if there AREN'T any baseplates, they could be old-style castles... There are actually a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) instructions (...) Royal (...) the (...) If you have large green dragon shields and red conical tower roof pieces keep in mind set 1906 was a promo set and outside the 6000 range (one of my favorites). Browse throug the catalog scans on (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) The best term would be "Breastplate Torso". If I remember, I'll find a description of platemail tonight. Jeff (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  New Small Church

Well this is not quite as impressive as some of the castle creations that have been posted recently but I am quite happy with it. This is my first creation in the Castle theme (Actually this could fit well in town too but I made it for a castle (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) for (...) Cool, I like it. What color/size arches do you need? It looks like 1x4 white. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Avoid that at all costs, it takes away so much from the overall architecture. (...) That worked for my castle and some of my town buildings. Its very stable and movable. (...) Very easily knocked over, bumped or simply falls out of place, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

<snip> (...) Actually they are Gray and I need 11 of them plus 1 1x6x1 Gray arch for the enterance. I am actually working on a deal with someone and will hopefully have the arches in a couple of weeks. Eric The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

Very nice! It has a good clean design to it. Effective detailing with minimal pieces (I like the lamps). Make sure you let us know when its finished. Silas Eric Kingsley wrote in message ... (...) have (...) creation (...) for (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Perhaps the use of plates resting on tiles may work. For example, the room below could be 8x10 (studs). Assuming you provide the proper supports, you could have a room above that's 6x8, fit inside the room below. I'm not sure if you get what I (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) This sounds similar to the Night Lord's Castle Tower setup. It is resting between two support bricks that run the length of the tower's base, a table at the front, a fortified wall behind offering support, on top of a pair of tiles that are 1 (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

I am surprised no one has mentioned the fibblesnork minifig guide. This is an excellent way to determine what figs go with a set. John DiR has turned it inside out so you can root through figs and determine what sets they go with. I have to go to (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) I've been building my modular castles this way since I was a kid. But instead of simply having the removable room nestled between supports or held down by anchors, I make the walls of the room uneven on the bottom, with the ceiling of the room (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

Well, I think it's wonderful and you're being far too modest. What a cozy little model. I love it! Dave Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:FM50tx.41p@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) creation (...) it for (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Me too! --Todd p.s. BTW, is that Luke Skywalker there, confessing his sins in church? (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Rose window question

A while back I swear someone posted something about making a rose window. Unfortunatly I no longer have this post. I'm in the later stages of constructing a space ship thats about 220 studs long that has the architectural elements of a gothic (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rose window question

Woops posted that before I was done. Anyway thanking in advance for any input. Jon (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

I'd go with the hinges. It's always an impressive engineering feat, and that way you really have *two* castles -- an 360-degree viewable castle for display (in unopened position), and a double-big cut-away castle to show off the interior. Better (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

Oooh, an underground dungeon would be so cool!!! -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Someone mentioned Technic pins, which I think is the best way to go for large modular constructions--could you build it in six or seven vertically-integrated sections that then link together with Technic pins? That way you could pull it apart (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle? Huzzah!

Did you notice the decorated turning-wall pieces in some 2000 castle sets. I'm holding my fingers crossed, since it may very well be a transparent piece with printed decoration: a colored glass window. Eric Brok (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) Magnets would be interesting indeed! They're quite strong, and you don't hafta line them up perfectly like technic pins. However, you might have trouble lining them up horizontally for use in a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Dave, Todd, Thanks very much. (...) Actually except for the woman in the Witch torso they are all SW torso's. (The only castle set I currently have is the Night Lords Castle - except for Ninga of course but we won't go there again :-) ). The (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) If there's some constructive criticism I can give, then it would have to be that the surface walls of the walls are a bit even and "dull". If you could put some more "texture" on the surface, it may look even more realistic. Fredrik (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) I linked to Fibblesnork pages with the hope she'd check the minifigures out, but I didn't know about John DiR's page. Cool. Thanks, Larry. This is one of the most useful things about Fibblesnork - the minifig scans. Fibblesnork is no longer (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) I agree it still fills a big need, Pause only gives you the catalog scan of most sets, Fibblesnork gives you the minifigs, another view since he uses 99% Instruction scans, and everything lumped together by series and genre. Granted you can do (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I think your castle church is cool, nice and simple. Some people go way over board. I am going build on myself soon. I just constructed a hugh Hotel. Great design, you should create a LDRAW file, because it is not too big! See ya Jim (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rose window question

(...) Hmmm. Well, as much as I've considered building a Cathedral, I've never done it. My own suggestion for rose windows would be to use the stepped half-arches and the stepped inverted half arches (I don't know what other people call them, but the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I quite like it! It's very reminicient of a small town Protestant church (being that it's not overdone and ornate like Catholic cathedrals). The overall feel of the building is excellent! The only thing I can find any sort of fault with is the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) vertically-integrated (...) it (...) organic (...) My new castle is using the Technic pins, it has six modules. The size of the foundation, which is 13 bricks high, 2 burps high all around, is 4.5x4.5 baseplates (144x144 studs). There are 3 (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) Actually you got the feel I was going for (Small Protestant Church) thats mostly because my favorite Church that we attended when I was growing up was a very small Methodest/Protestant Church. We (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Fredrik, Thanks, You know I was thinking the same thing but I could not think of how to get do it. Do you have any suggestions? Would you just insert a dkgray brick or plate here and there to give it a more worn look? How else might I give it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Well, it's a really difficult question. You could try to insert some bricks with different colours in some odd places. (DkGrey, green, brown, tan, ...) Another way to achieve a slightly "worn" look would be to, in a somewhat random pattern, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice taken

OK, first of all thanks to everybody who responded to my original post. The discussion was extremely helpful, and gave an interesting look into how a lot of you build larger structures. After various considerations, I think the Technic-peg connected (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Oh I really like the idea of the 1x1 with side stud with a tile on it! Enough of that and you can really get a rough surface. It also raises the expense of the model using up all those tiles but I think it might be worth it. I will try this (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I think TLC would do well to hire you. This would be an easy set for them and probably go for 30-40 USD. And I would buy one for my Pirate town. Excellent work. Simple, elegant, imaginative. (the sound of two hands clapping) SteveC Perilous (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle? Huzzah!

(...) They are. I can see the little 1x4 "lip" in my catalog, and it is transparent. There are some other clues as well. Jeff P.S. Anyone nottice the large Lion's Head symbol inside the castle? Could it be a tapestry? (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle? Huzzah!

(...) transparent. (...) Yes, I thought I could see throught the "cracks" between the "bricks" in the "arch" that was printed above the window. Wow! I certainly hope this is true. It's almost too much to hope for. (...) No. Where is it? Is it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle? Huzzah!

(...) Yup. I first noticed it on page 16; you can see it through the main gate. Then, looking at the set image on the next page, the stripes can be seen through the main gate, while part of the lion's head can be seen through the little window above (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) That's because giant cathedrals with domed roofs and all are supposes to remind "Man" that he is weak and mortal while God is omniscient/powerful. (Spoken like a true Catholic atheist/agnostic) --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

Jeff - Thank you so much for the info. I checked out all three suggestions and narrowed it down to either 6086 or 6082 I know that the baseplate is the exact same as in 6082 but can't see the ramp in the 6086 picture but you say it's the same base (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle Window transparent or not?

Hello, While I can care less if it is or isn't, since I wont be using it most likely, I did take a closer look to see if we could end the debate before the item comes out. I think we can. :) It my opinion though can't be proved till the item comes (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact