 Castle / 850
Re: Castle structure advice...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:37:49 GMT

<SNIP>

Now I can't really say I am a "castle architect" because I have just started
modeling castle themed buildings but I just completed (Minus about 12 arches I
am still in search of) a small Church/Chapel and I used a different technique

Which arches do you need?

all together.  I don't know how much this will help you because you are
creating a much larger structure.  What I did was I created the Church in 2
sections (front and back) and used 1x1 Technic Beams with Technic pins to hold
the 2 sections together.  This allows me to have access to the interior while
still having a solid 4 walled building for display because the beams blend
into the walls.

Do you run into any trouble during the actual snapping of the two sections
together?

For something as big as what you are planning I guess I would suggest the
Hinge solution if the model is going to be deep.  If it is going to be a
shallow model option 1 might work great.  I just find that the deeper the
model the harder it is to reach your arm in to make modifications.

Good Point -- Do you have any idea what the width and depth is going to be?

I think your 3rd options has merits for smaller models but for larger,
heavier, models I don't particularly like the idea because there seems to be
more of a chance for disaster when removing levels.

I definitely agree, due to past experience

Eric,

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/