 Castle / 845
844  |  846
Subject:
Castle structure advice...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:46:44 GMT

Over the Xmas holidays, I'm hoping to start work on my medieval village. The
cornerstone of this village will be a big castle (around 3 storeys) on a
mountain of BURPS around 2 storeys high. My quandary for which I seek seasoned
castle-builders' advice is: how to provide access to the castle/mountain's
interior. The three possibilities I have come up with are:

1) Cross-section/open-back, like most Town buildings.

2) Hinges halfway across the structure to open it in two sections.

3) Plates on top of each storey, so that each floor can be removed.

Each one has its own pro's and con's of course, so I was just hoping to get a
few opinions from other castle architects before I decide which way to go.

Cheers in advance.

Stu C.
University of Glasgow