 Castle / 851
Re: Castle structure advice...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:54:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dan Moquin writes:
<SNIP>

Now I can't really say I am a "castle architect" because I have just started
modeling castle themed buildings but I just completed (Minus about 12 arches
I am still in search of) a small Church/Chapel and I used a different
technique

Which arches do you need?

What I need are...

11 1x4x1 Gray Arches
1  1x6x1 Gray Arch

I did notice that the Large "Moo Men" set for next year has quite a few of
both.  This catalog scan has the best picture.  Look at the model on the right
side of the pic.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/c00am-100dpi/c00am-16.html

If anyone has some of these arches they could spare let me know I did make a
post in Lugnet.marketplace.buy-sell-trade .  Here is the link for details.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=3513

all together.  I don't know how much this will help you because you are
creating a much larger structure.  What I did was I created the Church in 2
sections (front and back) and used 1x1 Technic Beams with Technic pins to
hold the 2 sections together.  This allows me to have access to the interior
while still having a solid 4 walled building for display because the beams
blend into the walls.

Do you run into any trouble during the actual snapping of the two sections
together?

Not really.  I am quite cautious and a couple of times I have had to stop
myself from forcing them together.  As long as I take my time and wiggle the
sections together it works fine.  The biggest advantage for me was that I did
not have to worry about hiding hinges in the wall.

I may put some pictures up in the next few days so you can all see where I am
at and how the Technic solution looks.  Maybe even tonight I can get a "sneak
peak" page up or something.

<snip>

Eric,

The New England LEGO Users Group