 Castle / 847
Re: Castle structure advice...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:08:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dan Moquin writes:

In lugnet.castle, Stuart Curtis writes:

1) Cross-section/open-back, like most Town buildings.

2) Hinges halfway across the structure to open it in two sections.

3) Plates on top of each storey, so that each floor can be removed.

I guess one question you need to ask is how static/dynamic do you want your
model to be?  Are you going to be moving people around on a daily basis or are
you going to just let it be for months on end.  If your model is going to be
dynamic, which I hope, I would do something like option #1 and 2 combined.  It
might be a good idea to build the front and the sides as one complete piece
and hinge only the rear wall.  This way at least the hinges are on the back
side and out of view.

On the other hand, if your model will be a static one, I would suggest option
#3.

M2C

Dan M.

Well, unfortunately, it's gonna have to be a combination of static and dynamic,
i.e. static in the ~3 month periods I'm off at Uni, but dynamic for the 1 month
holidays when I get to play, play, play!
I hadn't thought of doing a hing on just the rear-wall, although I think this
could be difficult for the BURPs (and I plan to require access to that area,
cos that's gonna be where the dungeons and treasure vaults are!).
I'm certainly leaning towards #3 at the moment, if only because of alack of
appraopriate hinges...

Cheers for the advice, Dan.

Stu C.
University of Glasgow.