 Castle / 868
Re: Castle structure advice...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 03:10:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.castle, Ed Jones writes:

3) Plates on top of each storey, so that each floor can be removed.

Very easily knocked over, bumped or simply falls out of place, especially if
you attempt to move it (I know from experience).

Perhaps the use of plates resting on tiles may work.  For example, the room
below could be 8x10 (studs).  Assuming you provide the proper supports, you
could have a room above that's 6x8, fit inside the room below.  I'm not sure
if you get what I mean, but I've used baseplates in that manner before.

Bryan

This sounds similar to the Night Lord's Castle Tower setup.  It is resting
between two support bricks that run the length of the tower's base, a table at
the front, a fortified wall behind offering support, on top of a pair of tiles
that are 1 stud wide and 8 long, and it is held down in place by a pair of 1x4
tiles that ancor it to the side-support bricks.  Check the instruction scans
available if you need to.
Aaron