 Castle / 879
Re: Castle structure advice...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:05:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:

<snip>

what Eric did with his rebel base-- just have a few bricks on the exterior of
the burps that serve as "locks" to keep it together... again, you'd need a
fair number of them to keep it stable, but at least it could still be
modular... Yeah, the more I think about it, I think I'd go with that method
rather than hinging, just to make construction a bit easier (dont have to
keep hinges in alignment, keep walls flat on the hinged area, etc)....
Magnets would be interesting though... but probably not as good...

Magnets would be interesting indeed!  They're quite strong, and you don't
hafta line them up perfectly like technic pins.  However, you might have
trouble lining them up horizontally for use in a castle, since most magnet
holders are vertically oriented... Unless you start using train parts!

But I gotta try this one day...

Bryan