 Castle / 821
Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:06:26 GMT

Doyle wrote:

How about Farm animals for our PIG carts and farms! They should quit making
dinolegos and start making some animals for our castle figs to eat! also tall
wheat would be nice too and lego sacks of flour.

I haven't made a pig yet, but I managed a fair sheep. OK, it's a bit larger
than a minifig-scale sheep ought to be - selective compression strikes again?
Or the LEGOfolk saw the paucity of animals and bred the ones they had for size?

I don't have LDraw or LCad or a digital camera or whatever, so there follows
some
text instructions for the brave.

Pieces required:
1...........1x2 med slope, black
4...........1x1 cylinder, black
2...........1x2 tile w/center stud, white
1...........2x2 brick, white
1...........2x3 brick, white
1...........1x2 plate, white
1...........2x2 med slope, white
1...........2x2 inv. slope, white

Step 1: attach the 2x2 brick (white) to the top of the 2x3 brick (white) so
that
the edge of the 2x2 hangs over the narrow edge of the 2x3.

Step 2: attach the 2x2 med slope (white) to the open studs on top of the 2x3.
Attach the 2x2 inv. slope (white) to the exposed bottom of the 2x2 brick (white).
The slopes of the two bricks should be roughly parallel and facing 'outward',
otherwise your sheep will look funny.

Step 3. attach a 1x2 tile w/center stud (white) to the exposed studs of the inverse
slope.  Attach the other 1x2 tile w/center stud to the closest edge of the 2x2
brick
(white), parallel to the one you just attached.

Step 4. Put the black 1x2 slope on the center stud of the lower 1x2 tile.  You
should
now be able to put the 1x2 plate (white) to connect the 1x2 slope and the
other 1x2 tile
w/center stud.  If not, you did something wrong.

Step 5. Attach the 4 black cylinders to the bottom of the sheep for legs.
You're done.

Here's a very rough ASCII drawing of the finished product:
   ______
   |_____|
  /   |__|_____
/    |     |  \
|_____|     |   \
   |__|_____|____|
   |     |       |
    \    |       |
     \___|_______|

The scale is all off, of course - it should be shorter & fatter - but at least
this lets
you get an idea of how the pieces go together.

J (maybe I'll do a cow next...)

--
sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
LEGO Want List:      http://www.io.com/~jeffj/LEGO/wantlist.txt