 Castle / 825
Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:01:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.castle, Aaron West wrote:

... Majisto (not too ordinary) ...

I've got to disagree about Majisto.  All the "specialness" on Majisto are
parts. Just parts, parts that can be removed from one fig, and used on another
fig. Without the wizard's hat, beard, cape and wand, Majisto is just a blue
peasant. No special torso, just a reuse of an existing pattern (umm, the
peasant torso did exist before the big M, right?).  In my mind, this makes
Majisto the *best* prepackage character/minifig LEGO has ever made.

That, and the fact multiple Majisto-figs make sense in a Castle setting.

I took my extra majisto figs and turned them into traveling merchants and
highwaymen using extra hoods and hats from wolfpack and forestmen sets.

I agree that the majisto fig offered several creative opportunities.  My
current favorite is taking majisto's beard and putting it on an extra Royal
King-looks good w/ the gold crown ...Now I have an aging monarch (for variety)
and a few fueding siblings.

Yeah, I tend to agree that Majisto's torso is rather good for making peasants--
although I still wish I had more other colors of the peasant torso

I agree 100%