 CAD / *32225 (-100)
  Re: Help a guy out...

Just use LPub or L3P addon. Should be pretty straight forward. Jaco (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Detail on curved surfaces?

I'm working on a rendering that will feature surface detail on a sphere, similar to the way a cylinder (of opposing color) would intersect that sphere. At the moment, I'm using this basic format: #declare thingie = union { intersection { cylinder (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) I know it's in common use, but it has immediately negative feelings that come with it. I have done lots of editing of non-native English speakers for various LEGO books and I can say that awkward translations by the original author to English (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) Uh, you need to look this word up because a phrase like "jealously guards" is not at all uncommon. jeal·ous - adjective 1. Fearful or wary of being supplanted; apprehensive of losing affection or position. 2. a. Resentful or bitter in rivalry; (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: linux ldraw users

Don, thanks for including the .cad group; I don't keep up w/ the .mlcad group. I agree that there's just not a lot of publicity for the Linux flavor of tools. I've been using the LDraw tools since late 1999. I didn't realize the benefit of LDView (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  linux ldraw users

(...) I'm not sure I agree with your assumptions about Linux users. From my experience, they seem to be more self sufficient and generally tend to ask fewer questions. I've been too busy to play with LDView lately, but if I did, I'd just compile it (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LCX released

I'm finally releasing LCX (Ken Dyke's little Cocoa editor). It is missing alot of features. I'm mainly releasing this so others can check it out. Nobody is working on the code. Well, I did add a text field for changing the ldraw folder location (and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Help a guy out...

I've been goofing around with MLCAD for a few days. I went to go install some of the rendering stuff and must be missing something. I found a link on Lugnet for steps to follow but, I can't figure this out. Its a pain in the neck. Hasn't anyone (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POV Problem

(...) It works perfectly now. Thanks heaps. Allister (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My Waah

Amateurs! ;-) I use those short cuts all the time. I hardly use the mouse :-) Just like good old LEdit. Jaco (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: TrackDraw number formats

In lugnet.cad.dev, Guido Heunen wrote: ... (...) TrackDraw is a little different from most programs in that its file formats can be authored in different languages. Every file has a language attribute, and a schema that acts as a dictionary to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw-to-Raves (was: POV in Part)

(...) Well, first, lego parts get really dusty when they're left out. They're like little ABS dust magnets. But it looks like the part in LDraw is the right size. At least, it mates up with part 2409(.dat) nice and clean. Maybe they're both wrong? (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: TrackDraw number formats

Hi Cary, The decimal comma is used in a lot of european countries. I would say that the option (...) in the GUI would be the best, since this would allow the user to select their preferred settings. However, since the trackdraw files will possibly (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What's the demand???????

(...) I begun the points but then I get over to the Dragon. So only the inner parts of the points are done. See my brickshelf-gallery (the last pic): (URL) Bernd (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I know. I was just teasing you about the book thing, because we *are* both in the same boat. Notice I immediatly followed with the list. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: POV Problem

(...) Please go here: (URL) the part about the undocumented error in POV-Ray. This should fix your problem. -Orion (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POV Problem

(...) Actually I've been getting the same error whenever I use the LGEO library. It seems to be something in the colors.inc file, but im not totally sure. (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  POV Problem

Hi, I've just reinstalled my Lego CAD utilities onto a new machine. I've installed Povray 3.5, but when I try to render one of my files that worked fine previously, I get the error message "Parse Error: Macros require #version 3.1 or later but (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

'snip' (...) I'm in the same boat as you on this issue of "book topics". I'm still wrtiting tutorials on subjects that I already helped cover in a book with Tim but that does the general public no good, unless they buy the book. However as the LDraw (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Announcing LDraw.org Relaunch

(...) Eventually, yes, the PT will authenticate against the ldraw.org login. At that time, you'll (probably) have to login to ldraw.org before accessing the PT's functions. Steve (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) I can certainly appreciate why you suggested Direct3D, and I personally didn't interpret it to mean that you would be disappointed by an OpenGL renderer. I believe that the performance differences between OpenGL and Direct3D are fairly heavily (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  TrackDraw number formats

With help from Thomas Woelk, I uncovered a design problem in the TrackDraw file format. It currently assumes that numbers are localized; that is, it expects an angle to be expressed as angle="22.5" if the part description is in American English, but (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What's the demand???????

(...) Thanks for the response, Mr. Courtney! Iknew someone would understand my point! I don't have a lot of resources, but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Thanx, tim romine (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What's the demand???????

(...) Actually, I didn't have a particular part in mind. I mean I want to know what the LDRAW users like me need the most in their Part Library. Currently there exists no way for me to find out. Any suggestions? tim romine (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) I'll be the first to admit : never even looked at LDView. Up until now I have done everything in MLCAD, and if I needed a nice image I'd use L3P and do a POVRAY. I'll look into LDView, who knows what I've missed :D (...) I don't even mind if (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What's the demand???????

(...) I seriously would love to dive into this project, but alas, I have no monorail. (ominous silence) Uhmmmmmmm......... Sorry, I couldn't afford them. I was busy buying LEGO Space... GO .space! But, seriously, It would be unethical for me to (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Official LEGO Color Chart

(...) Another thought WRT the completeness of this list... I suspect that the colors listed here are the ABS colors and do not take into account the various non-ABS colors being used in some of the Bionicle Krana masks. Those masks are using a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

Overview Model - the entire design being described by the building instructions. Building steps - the sequence of steps where parts are added to assemble the entire model. Sub-model - portions of the model that are described as their own set of (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I think I've already written a book that does this, which you haven't read :^) If you had you wouldn't have posted the original post that got all this going! Sure I'll add definitions for all the terms I use. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) Don't forget that Mac OS uses OpenGL as well. The entire Mac OS X window manager is an OpenGL app, which means that the whole GUI can do transparencies, drop shadows, rotations, etc etc and all be video card accelerated. Apple calls it Quartz (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Several questions about new LDraw.org pages

(...) I am sure the new packages with the LDraw Parts Library eventually will show up outside the "/OLD/" part of the site. But if you are lucky (and with Dan at the sys-admin helm you usually are) old links will continue to work - at least for a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) I agree that cross-platform is good, and I also think that OpenGL is a more appropriate API to use because of this. However, I think it's only fair to point out that after releasing a Linux native version of LDView, I got exactly one piece of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  4511 redesign

ive begun to redesign the 4511 set in cad. heres a pic of the "cargo" car, (URL) to come soon, im going to do the head engine now on a side note for cad, ive completed mockups, they can be seen in the render (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: What's the demand???????

(...) I personally have several parts that would fall into the awol category... It sounds like what you want is similar to the parts status page Tore Eriksson had up for awhile. It was a very handy resource, but had a huge upkeep requirement. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What's the demand???????

(...) I say just create the part. My feeling is that the more complete the LDraw library, the better. This should be one of the driving forces behind all decisions to make a part. -Orion (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: BR50 with more photorealism

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: Snip (...) And once again a reply on a posting of myself.... I am proud to announce, the next milestone in photorealistical rendering has been reached now. After overcoming some trouble with the usage (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

  Re: What's the demand???????

"Tim Courtney" <tim@ldraw.org> wrote in message news:HLBuzA.L72@lugnet.com... (...) library. (...) The parts (...) in the (...) feature of (...) nice (...) parts (...) a (...) It would be a good idea is if there was a check in / check out / part in (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  TechSoft offers HOOPS 3D to LDraw community for development opportunities

I just posted this over at LDraw.org: (URL) -Tim (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX) !

  Re: What's the demand???????

(...) ... For my own selfish reasons, I'd love to see you tackle the undone Monorail track parts. As far as I know, only the long straight has been modeled. I think there is an unofficial long curve somewhere, and maybe the short straight has been (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What's the demand???????

(...) That's a very good idea. I don't know if we can hope for that to be a feature of the Parts Tracker, or if it will have to be handled elsewhere. It would be nice if such a thing could be accessible via LDraw.org for people to request parts and (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  What's the demand???????

I am a published part author. I have two parts in the official LDRAW library. I am wanting to tackle a new part, but don't know what the demand is. The parts tracker has no "requests" link or anything. How do I know what people in the CAD community (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dragon Body

(...) WOWW!! Soon the skies shall be filled with dragons..... yessssssss. Tim (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

Excuse my Direct3D statment, I guess OpenGL is the way to go because of the linux crowd (plus, thinking a little more....OpenGL is actually faster than Direct3D). But the rendering engine in my view is less important mainly because as I said in my (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Several questions about new LDraw.org pages

(...) Thanks. (...) We're working on having the page auto update whenever a parts update is released. If you need the most recent update, you can download the complete package. (...) I'm not sure about this, let me ask and I'll post again when I get (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Question about legacy pages on ldraw.org

(...) The old content will not go away until all of it is present in some form on the new site. Also, your link shouldn't have to be changed either since we'll adjust our redirects accordingly -Orion (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I don't have any comments about it at the moment, but being that you have authored the 1st BI term page. =) I think we should used your page as our foundation. Perhaps you can "volunteer" again =) and write definitions for each of the terms. I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Question about legacy pages on ldraw.org

(...) Yeah, I still have a link to the same page, for the same reasons. So obviously I have similar concerns. I think I squirreled away a copy of that page via wget just in case. While we're on the subject, is there anyone out there with enough (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Question about legacy pages on ldraw.org

I have a link in my LDView download page to the old (URL) Get Started: Linux Users> page at ldraw.org. At the moment, it still works, but as far as I can tell, the new site has no equivalent page, although you can still get to this page if you go to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) Gotta agree, I'd HATE to see that happen. It's already a pity the new track designer program most likely won't work under Wine (since it uses much of .NET from what I read in the announcement) let's not let this one go please. We can't expect (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

Ahui, Do you have any feedback on the below? Suggestions for specific names? Names for classes of images, etc? This post was to help you understand all the layers of stuff, so we could decide on good names and then all use the same dictionary. I'm (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  RE: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) I agree in principle with everything Amaury says, but before everyone gets their knickers in a knot (or their shorts bunched up) the word jealous is probably a small error in translation. I'm going to assume Amaury is a native French speaker (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

replying to both here : (...) No, this is a bad idea, in that it would lock up the software to MS and make it much more difficult to use under other platforms (read linux+wine) (...) Agreed, I like the way the 3d view controls from autocad works. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Several questions about new LDraw.org pages

Hallo First, I should say "nicely done". Hopefully it will make life of the LDraw staff easier. second - I have some questions: - In Parts library/updates page (using left-side menu on the main page) there are updates till 2002, but on the "old" (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: login = empty???

(...) Thanks! Jeroen (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Feature Request - User Defined Model Directory

I see. Now I understand. rob (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mechanized Brick Down???

(...) Nope that one is also not working. =( -AHui A&M LWorks (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LEGO Poem: The Girl Over There

Hello all, I'm pleased to annocue a new LEGO poem called "The Girl Over There". Click on the image to see the poem. (URL) As always you can see the rest of the poem here: (URL) Also for those of you that have download the virtual museum, I have (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) Thanks Orion. Kevin (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mechanized Brick Down???

(...) Try this, it works for me... (URL) Krish (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: login = empty???

(...) I've fixed your account as well -Orion (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: login = empty???

(...) Same problem here too. Paul (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Mechanized Brick Down???

Does anyone know how long (URL) has been down? -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) Hey, that's great! I also just discovered the plus and minus keys on the numpad also zoom in and out by increments. --Ryan (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My Waah

(...) You can change all movement increments including angles in the Settings>General>Change dialog box, "Step, Grid, Snap" tab. --Ryan (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: login = empty???

(...) Ok, your good to go -Orion (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: login = empty???

(...) Arrgh, gimme 5 min and you'll be fixed -Orion (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  login = empty???

Hi, When I login at the ldraw site, I only get the header and the footer of the page. When I log out, I get a normal page. But then, I can't submit a link to the link page! Is it me, my computer, or what? Jeroen (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) No, you posted it as FTX, I posted it plain text. The defualt for a given post is based on whether or not the parent message was FTX or not. In this case the parent post was FTX and you forgot to switch back to plain text causing your table to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Building Instruction Theory Article on BI Portal

"snip" (...) Yup, when I was writing the article I was thinking only of small to medium size models. Yoda is a scupltor and as such falls into a totally different catagory as the BIs are usually in a top-down view and the piece count is out the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I thought that ftx was optional. Why did you repost it as ftx? Kevin (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

Besides us Admin/Programmer geeks gotta stick together...as to direct X.. (...) Joe Greene UNIX Systems, Network and IT Specialist a.k.a. Guesseppi Piegatura di Carta If you aren't having fun, you're doing the wrong thing! All opinions expressed are (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

Reposting not FTX'd -Orion There are many terminologies that would be nice to lock down and they releate to levels of hierarchy of the images (and text) that make up the instructions: Graphical Building Instructions Front Cover Completly assembled (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

There are many terminologies that would be nice to lock down and they releate to levels of hierarchy of the images (and text) that make up the instructions: Graphical Building Instructions Front Cover Completly assembled model image Bill of (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) Hi Andrew, Your feature request is no less important than a bug report. I think it is good to put out new feature requests because they typically are meaningful to more than one person. This is how the program gets better. I'm just a stickler (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Building Instruction Theory Article on BI Portal

(...) A good start. What if you were to flesh it out a bit more and have it read more like an article than a bulleted list? There is nothing wrong with lists, in fact they are often useful in breaking up large blocks of text. However, they should be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: My Waah

(...) CTRL + cursor key (left/right) on z-axes CTRL + cursor key (up/donw) on x-axes CTRL + PageuP/Down on y-axes hmm ... I might have mixed up the axeses - anyway you'll find out. at least I'm 100% sure on about the "A" key rotating on the y-xes (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Building Instruction Theory Article on BI Portal

(...) You made no mention of part list images per step, for entire sub-model, sub-model BOM, entire BOM. LEGO's Building Instruction use all of these techniques on some what or another. You also forgot to mention small sub-models's steps packed into (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) Yes. I think that step images is better than BBI's. Step images is generic. Part list images are one kind, and construction images are the other. I've used this terminology a lot, for lack of any better terminology. Anyone got a good name for (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I think there might still be some confusion (at least from where I sit) about the distinction between what you are calling BBI's and a complete set of "Building Instructions". I'm still hoping you can point us to a couple of graphical examples (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Building Instruction Theory Article on BI Portal

I am pleased to say that a new article has been posted to the BI Portal called, Building Instrcution Theory. (URL) The article focuses on what should be in every BI. Please take a look and let me know what you think of the article. -AHui A&M LWorks (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  New LDraw.org Linking Images

You can now link to LDraw.org using our new button and banner images! Check them out at: (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

"snip" (...) You are right.. Thanks for this. Perhaps another set of words for BBI would be best? I like your "step images" word. "snip" (...) Yes I mean animated version of BIs. I know TCL has done this with some of its technic products via a (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

I guess I was mistaken in my first post, it's a feature request, sorry. But I still think it's major, maybe because I am used to the functionality of an "Absolute" rotation system. -AK (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Moray

Something interesting that can into the LDraw Help Desk email: Have you seen Moray? (URL) It is basically a graphical interface for POV-Ray. I thought it would be a very powerful, easy to use program for rendering lego. Like, you can rotate around (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) But.... was it a bug or a feature request? (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

I am in no way saying MLCad is bad, just the 3d view rotation. By the way, you were wrong about both of those programs being paid for, ZModeler is free. I do know how much work goes into 3D, but I'm not referencing to anything that involves changing (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My Waah

(...) Check out this reference guide from Jeff Boen: (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  My Waah

<WAAH> Angle connectors.. specifically #5 (haven't played with others much yet) can't quite seem to get the rotation to match the angle of the pice.. any suggestions? </WAAH> I love MLCad. It is an excellent piece of software.. I'll have to remember (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) Wow, cool!! I didn't know this either. (...) And I was just about to post asking what the heck STRG was, glad I caught this in the reply field :-) -Tim (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) Wow, I didn't know this. Learn somthing new every day. Thanks for shareing. -Orion P.S. By the way, it's ctrl-shift for U.S. keyboards. (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rounding Utility?

(...) Unfortunately no. The other members of the team want to port LDDP to Linux so we have to use certain components among which are ones that cause the problems you describe. -Orion (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I would suggest that trying to make acronyms for the same project all similar (using 'B' as you noted above) will actually lead to confusion. Quick example... try reading your paragraph above out loud. I think you'll find it's a mouthful. :) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) nothing to add! (...) don't get you? just press SHIFT+STRG and move the mouse to zoom in and out in the edit mode. press SHIFT only to pan in the edit mode. w. (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rounding Utility?

(...) hi orion, I guess it'll be version 1.5b? this request might sounds strange, but would it be possible to write in addition a plug-in for 1.4. I still can't use the delphi-version because of the drag'n'drop-bug: (URL) tested the new beta on (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) First of all.... The LDraw family of CAD would not be where is is today without MLCad. It seems like you are biting the hand that feeds you. The CAD programs you are referring to are paid for, which probably means that one or more people work (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Old parts

Thanx everynody for the support for old parts ;-) Clark, btw, I tried to mail you a picture of plates for your Brickshelf gallery, but never received an answer. Did those mails never arrive? Well, here's the picture online: (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Classic Space in Train Set (4513)

(...) As a side not to this, I have begun to create this torso for LDraw. -Orion (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...

(...) Huh? What do you mean by extremely difficult rotation? Do you mean that it's extremely difficult to rotate things in MLCad or do you mean figuring out what the rotation is for a given line is extremely difficult? I find the former very (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Old parts

(...) Niels, I would like to see more old parts in LDraw. I don't have the expertise to review them, but I do keep lots of pictures of old parts on Brickshelf: (URL) don't know if pictures will help the review process. If they will, I can change or (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feature Request - User Defined Model Directory

(...) you (...) it's (...) time (...) folder (...) when (...) That's not quite what I'm talking about. There's a "Models" category in MLCad's internal parts catalog that's set to look display the contents of the \LDRAW\MODELS folder. This lets you (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact