Re: Several questions about new LDraw.org pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:19:30 GMT

Robert Seifert wrote:

Will you add upgrades to the "new" page in the future or did I miss something?

I am sure the new packages with the LDraw Parts Library eventually will
show up outside the "/OLD/" part of the site.  But if you are lucky (and
with Dan at the sys-admin helm you usually are) old links will continue
to work - at least for a while.

- second one: I am slowly building page with some informations about LDraw a
making L-cad models (in my native language) so people in my country can use all
the LDraw related tools. One part of my effort is making instructions how to
install LDraw package etc. How is LDraw policy about "deep links" referring
directly to ldraw027.exe, complete.exe etc?

I hope that the policy is that it is perfectly okay to link directly to
any document on the site (as long as it isn't to pretend to be the
author of the documents when it isn't the case).

> Would it be
OK when I provide both direct links AND reference to page on ldraw.org?

I think so.  But focus on making life easier for your target group.

Play well,

Jacob

PS: Does the content management system behind the new LDraw.org site
     support translation of the content?  How?
--
LEGO Purists' Fighter (building instructions):
   http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Fly/Purists_fighter/