 CAD / 10538
Re: Old parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:19:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
What do you think about old and long gone parts to be modelled in LDraw?
I have done several old parts (from the fifties-seventies), even some rare parts
that can hardly be found (making it hard to be reviewed, too).

I just received a train signal <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5062>
Of course I model parts in LDraw because I like to do it, but if the parts are
only to wait for ages on the PT (no offend, just kidding ;-) I can wait before
starting on the signal.

Niels

Niels,
I would like to see more old parts in LDraw.
I don't have the expertise to review them, but I do keep lots of pictures of old
parts on Brickshelf:
I don't know if pictures will help the review process. If they will, I can
change or add anything (like including a measurement/ruler in the picture) that
might help the review process. Just let me know. I own several of the parts
pictured, and have received lots of support from contributors of other pictures.
We would be glad to help bring such special old parts more light any way we can.
Hope that helps,
Clark

Visit my Vintage Parts pages, submissions always welcome:

Newly updated! My Visual Helper - minifigs, heads, torsos, colors, trees, flags,
and wheels:
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/VisualMiniHelper.html