 CAD / 10531
Re: Old parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:23:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
What do you think about old and long gone parts to be modelled in LDraw?
I have done several old parts (from the fifties-seventies), even some rare parts
that can hardly be found (making it hard to be reviewed, too).

Personally I think the more complete the better. I've modelled a couple of 4.5V
motor parts that probably haven't been used by anyone else, but at least they're
in there :) I generally only model a part when I need it to document a MOC and
it's not available yet. But that was one case where I just did it for fun :)

I just received a train signal <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5062>
Of course I model parts in LDraw because I like to do it, but if the parts are
only to wait for ages on the PT (no offend, just kidding ;-) I can wait before
starting on the signal.

I think it would be great to have these signals! I have an old broken one but
definitely good enough to review your part! Go for it!

ROSCO