 CAD / 10532
Re: Old parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:18:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
What do you think about old and long gone parts to be modelled in LDraw?
I have done several old parts (from the fifties-seventies), even some rare parts
that can hardly be found (making it hard to be reviewed, too).

Personally I think the more complete the better. I've modelled a couple of 4.5V
motor parts that probably haven't been used by anyone else, but at least they're
in there :) I generally only model a part when I need it to document a MOC and
it's not available yet. But that was one case where I just did it for fun :)

I just received a train signal <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5062>
Of course I model parts in LDraw because I like to do it, but if the parts are
only to wait for ages on the PT (no offend, just kidding ;-) I can wait before
starting on the signal.

I think it would be great to have these signals! I have an old broken one but
definitely good enough to review your part! Go for it!

ROSCO

We are aware that there are problems in getting old or scarce parts through the
review procedure, and Steve and I have talked about alternative processes.

For these parts however, I think you should go ahead - I do have access to
these.

Still no guarantees about how quickly they will get through the Parts Tracker !!

Chris