 CAD / MLCad / 1753
Re: Once again, a relativley major bug...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:01:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Andrew Keyser wrote:
In my opinion, the whole rendering system should be made Direct3D
although that I know will create problems with culling. What really bugs
me though is the EXTREMLEY difficult-to-use 3D rotaton. What happened to
any kind of coordination at all? Not to be rude or insulting, because
the rest of the program is great...the 3D view messes it up. I'm used to
using programs like 3D Studio Max and ZModeler <http://www.zmodeler.com>
which all have correct view rotation.

First of all.... The LDraw family of CAD would not be where is is today without
MLCad.  It seems like you are biting the hand that feeds you.

The CAD programs you are referring to are paid for, which probably means that one or more people work on it full time.   Michael donates his time and effort for the benefit of all of us.  He is very generous.

If you were so inspired, you could write a replacement.

I think that non-programmers/engineers have no idea how much work goes into the
development of a program like MLCad.  The world would be a nicer place if users
appreciated the developers of the free LDraw family software more, rather than
just complain.

nothing to add!

I'd like zoom mode to be accessible by pressing and holding a key, and when you
let go, you go back to the normal edit mode.  This is a feature enhancement
request, not a bug.

don't get you? just press SHIFT+STRG and move the mouse to zoom in and out in
the edit mode. press SHIFT only to pan in the edit mode.

w.