 Trains / 21105
Re: BR50 with more photorealism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:10:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote: Snip
   It took nearly 7 hours to draw the existing model of my 7-wide BR50. Especially the flexible hose generator took me some time, before I realized how exactely it works. And of course the amount of snotted and under different from 90° built bricks. But now there are first renderings online at brickshelf. Hope you enjoy them:

Snip

Hi again!

And once again a reply on a posting of myself....

I am proud to announce, the next milestone in photorealistical rendering has been reached now. After overcoming some trouble with the usage of LGEO (written by Lutz Uhlmann), I have been able to get ahead now.

I have to say a big “Thank you!” to Jeroen de Han from www.DIGITALBRICKS.nl. He teached me with a lot of patience about some “secrets” in light settings (would have never found out about parallel lights and shadowless lights without his help).

I myself did some more playing with lots of the settings and found out about camera zoom, floor settings and lots of more. A still not perfect picture is the following:

The prototype of this engine looked like this:

The rendering is linked here:

At this time a new version of this picture is rendering with less brightness and with even some more zoom effect.

A certainly even further improved picture (of another model) will be published by Jeroen in some days: as you can see on his render-o-meter, he is doing a poster of one of my creations. And we have already more ideas to be realized....

So stay tuned and let me know what you think about this pictures.

More pictures of the BR50 in a rendered scenery (first pure pov ray, later including radiosity) can bee found < here at this brickshelf folder.

Leg Godt!

my Homepage: