 CAD / *30825 (-100)
  LDDP open source project: Source code released!

Hi! I just want everyone to know that I just uploaded the LDraw DesignPad Delphi sourcecode into the CVS branch at (URL) . Please be aware that the sourcecode is offered under the GPL license. Next steps in development will be: - Linux version of (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  A MLCad bug report and some requests

First things first and I know I have siad this before but... Thanks Micheal for such an excellent program and for making it free. Bug: I think I reported this already but since it wasn't fixed with v3.0, I'll report again. The extension for the (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LeoCAM BETA RELEASE !!!

Gustavo, I haven't had a chance to check out your program, although it sounds very promising. However, the name is kind of confusing, since CAM usually stands for Computer Aided Manufacturing. So, CAM usually refers to designing and preparing parts (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: RockRaiders Helmets

(...) As far as I know, they have not. I have them both on my todo list. The 30325 is one that I have been thinking about doing next. I have one or two others that are still in process that I have been tinkering with, but still not ready to be (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  RockRaiders Helmets

Hello friends. Does anybody know if these helmets are done? (URL) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

(...) I wish my newbie products turned out this wonderful... With a bit of tuning your BR24 train would make a serious chance in the model of the month competition at LDRAW.ORG (if that's back up yet, Tim?) Might I suggest you take a look at Jeroen (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

In lugnet.cad, Stefan van Zwam writes: Hi Stefan! I have had some other plans with that special wheel in red: (...) number at hand, but the alternative model is a dragster and there are these red wheels used.... (...) None of them so far... :-(( But (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Mac Brick CAD (cocoa version) - New Development Release

Mac Brick CAD (MBC) in cocoa - formally known as Mac Lego Modeller. After some delay, here is an update to my Cocoa release. As before, this is for test pilots and lacks lots of features (use the Carbon/Classic versions for better features) But that (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

(...) Nope, I can't make that decision, but I did direct you to the Parts Tracker in an email I just sent :-) -Tim (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

(...) Hi Jan-Albert, I am not sure, how parts are submitted to the LDraw officials - I am a bloody newbie in CAD. I wrote to Tim Courney and hope he is one of the persons, who can decide if this file is good enough for the official Ldraw dat (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Symmetries other than 16 and 48?

(...) For parts with unusual symmetries, I would suggest either (or both): 1. Make a subfile in parts\s with 1 segment of the part, then use that subfile as many times as you need. 2. Find a higher-level symmetry that is common with 16 or 48 (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [Parts Tracker] Notes for Admins

Just a quick note for authors & reviewers on the Parts Tracker -- if you need an admin to address something, please email parts@ldraw.org about it -- if you just leave a comment in a review, the admins will only pick up on it by chance. Actually, (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LeoCAM BETA RELEASE !!!

Hi all: After a couple of delays, I'm extremely proud to announce the release of the newer version of LeoCAM, the beta version. With this new implementation, you'll able to snap parts effortlessly just by clicking on their connectors. You'll even be (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Is anyone making part 44224.dat?

The mating part is refered to as 44225 on both Peeron and Bricklink... Philo (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Difficulties in LPub

Hi Kevin (and everyone else ofcourse), After a few trials and errors, I finally managed to get the parts in the Part List Images at the same scale. It turns out that I had to set the minimum distance to 50000 (!). Is this because a plate of 6x16 is (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

Brain, (...) It depends on how adventureous you are - actually this software is pretty benign, so Alpha means I still have loose ends to tie up but most of the core stuff is in place. (...) Parts not showing up! James has already answered this, but (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) MBC doesn't know where your LDRAW directory is, so you are only seeing the parts that are internal to MBC. Get the LDRAW directory like James said, then throw away all of your preference files that have anything to do with LDRAWing (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

Hi there! Last year at Legoworld, while disassembling the creations the visiting kids had made during the day, you told me that you wanted the following piece in red: (URL) I can see why. The real-life picture wasn't too clear on this, but did you (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

(...) (2 URLs) work! Thanks Ben (And Zany!) for posting this. I hope this get's submitted for the next parts release at LDRAW.org? (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles

(...) I'll email my contacts with McNeel (OCC was/is considering adding Rhino to our curriculum) and see if they know exactly how TLC uses Rhino. Sometimes software firms will say, "our product is used by ___" and it turns out the company has two or (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles

(...) Yes, the history of the CAD industry (like the CG industry) reads like the first verses of Genesis.. "And ____ begat ____" It's hard to figure out which software belongs to which company (or which software is using which modelling engine) (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

(...) after lots of positive feedback (via mail, at 1000steine and Lugnet) concerning my first atempt of a rendering, I have continued and now finished a whole train with 6 different waggons. When moderated all waggons will apear here as single (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) Brian, Download the Linux parts from (URL) is called "Linux" parts, but what it is really just non-Windows parts. Your project sounds very cool. Yes, please post questions here. Also, the Mac side of LDraw is going through something of a (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) OK, questions from a *rank* novice at this stuff - ie, somebody who shouldn't even remotely be involved in an alpha release, but... Why do many of the parts of the models not show up (for instance, I have many bushings hanging in mid-space (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Sopwith Camel with Pilot

Hi all, Did anyone ever noticed the Jack Stone pilot from set (URL) and (URL) does fit nicely in the Sopwith Camel (set (URL) for pictures (URL) the pictures a bit fuzzy because my camera does not autofocus on short distance... :-( Deep link: (URL) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Symmetries other than 16 and 48?

What is the general way of handling parts/primitives that have rotational symmetries other than 16 and 48? I am currently looking at reworking 73071 (the old Technic Differential), which has a rotational symmetry of 28, and 3649 (Technic Gear 40 (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How exactly DO I code optional lines, anyway?

Thanks Don and Paul. I think that pretty much answers my questions for now (but no doubt I will have more later). Now to go fix some of my primitives and parts... --Lance-- (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles

(...) I wonder what TLC uses as its master file format for parts... Is LXF the master format or only an output format after the part is fully designed and tested. If a change is made, do they go back to the LXF file or to the 3D application (e.g. (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: the LCD guys strike again :-)

Hi: I'm VERY confused, but have you tried LeoCAM? OK, the last alpha release only had stud-studInlet pairs, but the way it works and our ACTUAL implementation is quite close to what you describe at that webpage. Actually, our .lci files are (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  WWDC 2003!

Anyone going to WWDC 2003? I just found out I am going! Yippe! James (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: How exactly DO I code optional lines, anyway?  [DAT]

(...) I'll drop a few quick secrets on how I use conditional lines. First off, I use LDAO and L3lab for the largest amount of part modeling. Usually check occasionally with LDview and Ldraw. So if you are using MLCad, and do not have LDAO, I would (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles

(...) The Robert McNeel and Associates also claim that TLC uses their product Rhino ( (URL) ), thought thay don't specify how TLC uses it. I would speculate it is for part design since Rhino is cheap and powerful (Heck, I use it for part design). (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles

OK more info and guesses. They, EDS, have a page where Jaguar used the same software to design the new hood ornaments. (URL) they were all done, they converted the surface representations into polys and exported them from Imageware as an .stl file. (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles

Neat stuff. I was curious if one could infer what TLC's internal data formats might be with this info from the Dekstop Engineering article. The link to Unigraphics gets redirected to EDS. It seems they were acquired since the article was written. (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Reviewing redirected parts

(...) Good idea, Paul. I'll add that to the 'moved file' template. Thanks for the suggestion. Steve (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Peghole BFC?

(...) I'm not sure about using stud4 on the bottom of Brick 1x1 Round - it would somewhat odd when rendered in 'stud as line' mode; the bottom portion of the brick would be missing. (...) Your expectation is correct. The 'inside' surface of (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Q: Parts directory?

(...) You can create an \s directory under ldraw\models, and store your subpart files there. Any LDraw-compatible program should be able to find them there. HTH, Steve (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How exactly DO I code optional lines, anyway?

(...) Yes. They're needed to render transparent parts correctly. (URL) they're useful for the curve smoothing algorithm in LDview and perhaps other programs. (...) It's often easiest to place the 3rd and 4th points on the corner of an adjacent (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  How exactly DO I code optional lines, anyway?

In reading past posts, it seems that putting in optional lines is encouraged, but I have not been able to find any information on the proper way of using them. First, clearly I use them on outside curves, but I was not able to determine definitively (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles

Hello all, I was speaking with Tim Courtney about SIGGRAPH and mentioned a couple of magazine articles I had that I thought AFOL should be aware of. Please disregard this if it's already been posted (I tried a search with no luck, so here goes!) In (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Suggestions for L3Lab and L3PAddOn updates

(...) or with the mouse wheel? :) Dan (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Suggestions for L3Lab and L3PAddOn updates

(...) As long as you're messing with the "zoom-tool" is there any chance you might consider adding support for zooming via the "+" and "-" keys like LEDIT? Alternatively, I think ldview uses some sort of keyboard convention from the 3D gaming world (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: the LCD guys strike again :-)

I have a sugestion: (URL) might find it interesting. (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Peghole BFC?

Hi all, While going through some of James' original parts, correcting for BFC (and occasionally making appropriate changes, since these came before the ring primitives), I noticed that he used the peghole DAT for making bottom studs (see the Brick 1 (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Suggestions for L3Lab and L3PAddOn updates

(...) OK. In lugnet.cad, Bernd Broich writes: (...) I'll look into that. (...) Right :-) In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp writes: (...) Sure, see also (URL) lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes: (...) Yes, I'll have a look at the polling system. Thanks for (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Parts directory?

(...) Right! But in the L3Lab case you are lucky, because it also looks in BFC\PARTS see (URL) have often thought about an e.g. LDRAWPATH environment variable for specifying additional search paths, like LDRAWPATH=C:\Lego\Ne...C:\MyParts or (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Building LDGLite for off-screen rendering only

(...) Ok, send me an email. I forgot how to login, or ssh forgot my public key or something like that. Don (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New parts - Aquanaut Door and Door Frame

(...) Hi, All, I have corrected those parts according to precious remarks of Paul Easter. Thanks a lot, Paul. At the begining I didn't know what is wrong with studs in 2596.dat. When I replaced official studs with studs of Paul with LEGO logo then I (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Parts Category? Sport?

Lately I've been rendering most of the Shell promotion set soccer stadium: (URL) didn't do the minifigs (so the place is deserted) and am now trying to learn how to do the parts that are not yet created in LDRAW, like the ball, goal net and some (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Building LDGLite for off-screen rendering only

(...) I couldn't get the full LDGLite to compile with the current version of the source code. I have GCC-3.2 on the system I compiled the off-screen-only version on LDGLite on. I haven't tested it on Munin yet. You're welcome to do that. Play well, (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts directory?

(...) file. (...) in (...) Anybody else correct me if I am wrong but I think this cannot be done. What you can do, is place your parts in the models directory. LDraw programs know this directory and know where to find parts from MODELS to PARTS and (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Q: Parts directory?

Hi, I do have a question abouth part folders. The normal folder (directory) structure is as follow: LDRAW | | Parts | |Subparts (S) Now i would like to add a Temporary part folder to place my newly created files in it for a new part, so i don't have (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Reviewing redirected parts

Has anyone thought about adding BFC to a part file redirector? That way BFC'd parts will still carry thier BFC benefit through the old part nunber. Paul (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  New part: plate 2 x 4 with magnet holder  [DAT]

I have just created a new part: a 2 x 4 plate with magnet holder for the seventies trains. I have not used primitives for the holder, because I needed a couple of unavailable primitives like 1-8cyls.dat 3-32edge.dat 3-32cyli.dat 3-32rin#.dat (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Anybody do this part yet?  [DAT]

Hi all, Anybody do a 1 x 1 Round Plate with tabs? Also known as petals, flares. See (URL) a picture. John 0 Plate 1 x 1 Round with Tabs 0 Name: xUNK.dat 0 Author: John Riley <Rohnjiley@yahoo.com> 0 Unofficial Element 0 KEYWORDS petal petals flare (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Different language selections

Hi Michael, While i followed a bit the progress of the Dutch translation for MLCAD, raised me following question(s). If i remind me correct,there seems to be different language translations reddy (Italian,Dutch...). Is it possible to centralize (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Status of LDDP open source release

(...) I didn't know kylix/delphi wasn't available on Mac OS X. Oops, my bad. Several X11 implentations are available on Mac OS X though, if that is what you mean by visual environment. Oh well. Guess there is always Virtual PC. That's better than (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

Hi Ben, Your render from POV-Ray is extremely well done! Congratulations. It is beautiful. Kevin (...) visit (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

hi! toll!! hoffentlich folgen noch viele weitere modelle! bye/tschuess thomas (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  New parts - Aquanaut Door and Door Frame

Hello, I've just sent to Parts Tracker my two new parts. Please review them and give me your feedback. 2662.dat - Door Frame 2 x 10 x 12 (URL) subpart (URL) - Door 1 x 9 x 11 (URL) subpart (URL) regards Marek Idec (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad)

  Re: More Moonbase Madness ...

hiho, your pictures are looking well. So I downloaded the files from brickshelf, but some subparts are missing. Where can I get them? Andreas "Xanthra47" <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HCAK19.1KGK@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Status of LDDP open source release

Ell.. Since there is Linux for Mac available it would be a way to run it on Mac that way. Problem is that you dont need 'just a pascal' compiler but the complete visial enviroment and that isn't available on the Mac platform in any form. Play well (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: colors on http://guide.lugnet.com/color/

thanks a lot =) i'll download them =) Andreas "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HF5qr2.Gzo@lugnet.com... (...) colors (...) Textures, (...) download: (...) tweaks (...) free (...) the (...) haven't (...) channel, (...) flag (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Serious trouble in finishing the Dutch translation

I have finished the first "draft" version of the Dutch MLCad. See (URL) (in Dutch :-) Globally it says where people can download LDraw and MLCad + Dutch DLL file. The next step for me is to finalize and correct my typos and inconsistancies. What do (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

Wow. For a first time render this is so nice! With landscape and everything. Cool! CU, greetingz... Jaco (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Serious trouble in finishing the Dutch translation

Problem solved. Phew... :-) But the thing is... I did not do anything. I just copied the same files from an old backup I had and could not find any changes. No matter. I can finish what I started now. (cross posted to lugnet.loc.nl) Jaco "Michael (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Suggestions for L3Lab and L3PAddOn updates

(...) Could you make so that -- at least in polling mode -- L3Lab doesn't pop up dialog boxes with error messages? That would make polling mode much smoother. Steve (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Lightsaber Shortcut - Dual Light bars

(...) I think I'd prefer full-length bars, since the shortened bars aren't actually LEGO parts. OTOH, it would be really cool to make an animation of a dual light sabre 'revving up'. (...) Good idea. :) Steve (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Color Definition File (was: Re: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com)

(...) That's a great idea! I've got an ldliterc.dat I could easily add to the update. I think you're on the right track, using a more generic name. How about colors.ldr? (...) Or the format could be the current LDLite COLOR command, since it's (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Network rendering

Did anyone have any experience with this tool an can help me intalling it on a win2k machine? Andreas "Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HF5LMz.1zDB@lugnet.com... (...) pictures/animation (...) find (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: colors on http://guide.lugnet.com/color/

(...) Andreas, Here you go... This is a browseable directory of the POV-Ray definitions that I used to create the bricks: (URL) should see 3273 small .inc files and one higher-level .inc file which combines them: (URL) may need to hack the paths to (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

Hi all, this is probably my first posting ever in Lugnet.cad and the reason, why I visit this part of Lugnet now, is quite obvious: I have finished my first ML-CAD model (after an existing design in real Lego bricks) last week and yesterday I (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Network rendering

thx for your answer. i'll look at it Andreas "Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HF5LMz.1zDB@lugnet.com... (...) pictures/animation (...) find (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Building LDGLite for off-screen rendering only

(...) FWIW, I (think that I) didn't need the c++ libs for the off-screen build on the BSD box. Dan (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Network rendering

(...) (URL) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Network rendering

Hi, is there any usable solution for networkrendering PovRay pictures/animation on some windows systems? I'm just searching since some hours and didn't find something. Andreas (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Getting complete set of Ldraw parts images

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes: <snip> (...) Thank for the info. I finally gave in and am installing Linux on one of my spare machines. -Orion (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Building LDGLite for off-screen rendering only

(...) Hey, thanks for the reminder, it's in there now. I wonder which release of gcc it is that suddenly requires me to include the C++ libraries. I've been trying to avoid C++ to keep the ldglite executables smaller. Jacob, is the libc++ only a (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of LDDP open source release

(...) I imagine that's because kylix/delphi doesn't exist on OS X, because with a sourceforge project, LDDP programmers would have access to the sourceforge compile farm (which includes a OS X box). However, once the source is available perhaps (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Status of LDDP open source release

Hello! (...) Well.. since there is no platform on Mac we would be able to compile it on there eventually won't. I dont know if there exists some kind of emulator (Linux or Windows) for Mac.. maybe that would be an alternative. But there will be for (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  colors on http://guide.lugnet.com/color/

hi, after a long time i'll ask again if there are any values of the nice colors shown on (URL) are available now? (PovRay Textures, or the values, ...) I think this would give rederings great look .... Andreas (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New Parts Category? Sport?

(...) Gave it some more thought this weekend (while watching basketball and playing LEGO basketball, love the Streetball set). Taking a sampling of parts from the Soccer/Football line, some key parts are: Soccer Ball (URL) Stick (URL) Stand (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Getting complete set of Ldraw parts images

(...) used in his scripts to process the image files. (URL) the sourceforge download pages seem to be offline at the moment, so you'll have to wait a bit to get some of this stuff. Don (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Getting complete set of Ldraw parts images

(...) Actually Microsoft provides a "POSIX" subsystem for NT, but it's useless. However you can get just about all the nice unix utilities these days from places like this. (URL) you can compile a great deal of unix source code yourself with this (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Getting complete set of Ldraw parts images

(...) I was wrong. According to a more reliable source "mingw" is just a port of the GNU Compiler Collection. What you want is "cygwin". Play well, Jacob -- Sal Colibri (from Roger Leloup's "Yoko Tsuno"): (URL) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Getting complete set of Ldraw parts images

(...) No. But since you supposedly can make Microsoft's operating systems POSIX compliant, it can possibly also be made to work there. > Can you explain or point me somewhere I can > find out about what you suggested. I think the free POSIX support (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Suggestions for L3Lab and L3PAddOn updates

(...) Perhaps give some menu options more descriptive titles in stead of names like mytest5 and mytest6. I find mytest6 very useful! Niels (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HF4t9F.1rG4@lugnet.com... (...) I would prefer a tool for moving the model if it's out of the screen and the zoom-tool could be completed. If you want to make a POV-file there is a (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Suggestions for L3Lab and L3PAddOn updates

(...) Cool :-) I have a suggestion - could you please make the "thank you for using L3Lab" popup on close optional? You could include a tag in the window that says "do not show again." Other than that minor annoyance, L3Lab is great! Thanks for (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Building LDGLite for off-screen rendering only

(...) It seems like that. Here's the exact change I made to make it work: % cvs diff makefile.osmesa Index: makefile.osmesa ===...=== RCS file: /cvsroot/ldglite/ldg...e.osmesa,v retrieving revision 1.2 diff -u -3 -p -r1.2 makefile.osmesa --- (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Building LDGLite for off-screen rendering only

(...) Please see (URL) makefile correction apparently didn't make it back to sourceforge... /Lars (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Suggestions for L3Lab and L3PAddOn updates

(...) Already done. (...) Will do. (...) Good idea, will do. (...) Thanks for the suggestions. I always appreciate any feedback, good or bad. The current L3Lab release is from June 2000, so I guess it's time for an update :-) /Lars (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Building LDGLite for off-screen rendering only

(...) Tried that. Here's the tail of the output from the build: gcc -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL -DUSE_L3_PARSER -DUSE_BMP8 -DNEED_MIN_MAX -DUSE_PNG -DTILE_RENDER_OPTION -DOSMESA_OPTION -IMesa-5.0.1/include ldliteVR_main.o platform.o dirscan.o gleps.o (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

great absolutely the next step is back knee chicken walker maybe BCW could be good TLA :))) keep working regards pixel (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  LEGO Train Poster 2003 ready!

Hi all, It was a close finish but thanks to some people (read below for the Grammy speech) I was able to finish the LEGO Train Poster 2003 just before my vacation. New on this poster are (of course) the new models for 2003; the 4511 High Speed Train (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Status of LDDP open source release

(...) James (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New models: blue jet and exoskeleton.

Thought I would post these: (URL) (.7M QTVR) (URL) (151K) (URL) (212K) Also, (URL) (2.4 MB QTVR) of an exoskeleton. James (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com

(...) I've been thinking about this a little bit, and I'd like to propose a solution. I think that with the next parts update, we should include a "colors.lst" file. The format could either be a modified version of the ldlite color command [1] or a (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

I decided to take my little weight shifter and decorate it with parts from a Star Wars AT-ST mini. It doesn't look too great, but it walks well! (URL) 18 year old son Tony was not very impressed, so I decided to see if I could make one using the (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Error in LPub

(...) Click on the "Building Instructions" tab. Click on the "Part Images" tab in the "Building Instructions" tab. Change the Minimum Distance in the "Part Image" tab. Then use the Utilties->Erase Part Image Cache menu item. Then regenerate your (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact