 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1803
1802  |  1804
Subject:
LEGO Train Poster 2003 ready!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 08:23:23 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

It was a close finish but thanks to some people (read below for the Grammy
speech) I was able to finish the LEGO Train Poster 2003 just before my
vacation. New on this poster are (of course) the new models for 2003; the
4511 High Speed Train and the 4512 Caro Train; some models have more details
(like the 10013 have chains now) or stickers. Also new are the colours
(thanks to some people in the LDraw community) and different lighting setup
so the colours don't look so washed out.

You can download the poster at: http://www.digitalbricks.nl

*** The Grammy Award Thank You Speech ***

I couldn't have done this all by my self:
a very BIG thanks goes out to Chriss Bonven Johansen and the other guys of
LEGO Denmark for kindly sending the 4511 and 4512 so I could make them in
LDraw and place them on the poster (even before the sets where in the
shops!) and for other support and help. You are very friendly and helpfull!

Also a big thank you for Dave Schuler who was so kind to make mock-up parts
of the new nose and windscreen parts of the 4511. He did this with pictures
and some rough LDraw sketch only! Hats off for Dave!!!

Thanks to Lars "L3P" Hassing for his help fixing some donut problems (and
for a great application of course!).

More on the technical side: Anton Raves for his input on texture_maps used
for stickers, James Mathis and Larry Pieniazek for general support, input
and inspiration, all the people who submit in a all the lugnet.cad groups
and/or the people in the LDraw community. Also thanks for the guy who told
about the book on Amazon (Rendering and Lighting) but who's name I forgot.

And off course all the people who downloaded the poster in the past, those
who gave feedback and those who send their picture.

Also thanks to my wife Jacqueline, Jan-Albert van Ree, Vincent, Linda, Bob,
Bianca and Natascha and everybody who I forgot to mention.

Jeroen

PS don't bother to e-mail me about the files for the new trains, because A)
I will be on vacation until June the 6th and B) the won't be available until
the sets are in the shops. Sorry