 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 419
Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 19:46:18 GMT

  Why do many of the parts of the models not show up (for instance, I have
many bushings hanging in mid-space when I display the forklift)? And on a
possibly related question, I never get asked what the LDRAW file is (I popped
it into the folder, so it *may* have found it, but...). What LDRAW file would
it be best to download (& from where)? I'm trying to learn to draft plans (on a
Titanium G4 laptop) for a class I'll be teaching this fall (this last year,
was, well... interesting).
  Any tips/hints/advice for the clueless? So far I've not gotten any of the
Mac offerings to work successfully.

Brian,
Download the Linux parts from
http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/linux/linux-ldraw-library-2003-03-11.tar.bz2

It is called "Linux" parts, but what it is really just non-Windows parts.

Your project sounds very cool.  Yes, please post questions here.

Also, the Mac side of LDraw is going through something of a change.  Our old
site, http://
mac.ldraw.org is moving to www.ldraw.org/mac.  Right now neither are active.
The old LDraw
Mac Community site is at http://firebolt.mlmc.utah.edu/ldmc.

My one suggestion is to use both Mac Brick CAD and BrickDraw3D.  They both
have their plusses
and minuses.  I find that I can do editing better in Mac Brick CAD, but the
part chosing and such
is easier in BrickDraw3D.

--

Thanks: