 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 421
Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 12:50:37 GMT

Brain,

  OK, questions from a *rank* novice at this stuff - ie, somebody who
shouldn't even remotely be involved in an alpha release, but...

It depends on how adventureous you are - actually this software is pretty
benign, so Alpha means I still have loose ends to tie up but most of the
core stuff is in place.

  Why do many of the parts of the models not show up (for instance, I have
many bushings hanging in mid-space when I display the forklift)? And on a
possibly related question, I never get asked what the LDRAW file is (I popped
it into the folder, so it *may* have found it, but...). What LDRAW file would
it be best to download (& from where)? I'm trying to learn to draft plans (on a

Parts not showing up! James has already answered this, but to offer further
help. After you have downloaded and installed the parts you need to register
them with the program (this normally happens when you first run the program).

I assume you are running MacOS X, so you need to go to your preferences
folder (it is found on the root directory under users). Within your
preferences file look for a file called "LdGLite Prefs", when you find it
delete the file.

The next time you start the program it should ask you for the location of
the "Ldraw" folder.

Andrew...