 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4697
Re: New parts - Aquanaut Door and Door Frame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 10:25:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Marek Idec writes:
Hello,

I've just sent to Parts Tracker my two new parts. Please review them and give
me your feedback.

2662.dat - Door Frame 2 x 10 x 12
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/2662.dat
and subpart
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/s/2662s.dat

2596.dat - Door 1 x 9 x 11
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/2596.dat
and subpart
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/s/2596s.dat

Hi, All,

I have corrected those parts according to precious remarks of Paul Easter.
Thanks a lot, Paul.

At the begining I didn't know what is wrong with studs in 2596.dat. When I
replaced official studs with studs of Paul with LEGO logo then I immediately
knew what is wrong. Theye were rotated and two of them even mirrored.

There is still question about orientation of Door Frame. To be more specific
about "level 0". Before I created my part I looked at similar parts like arches
6005.dat and 6060.dat. The have "level 0" on the most top plane of the part. I
did the same. Paul suggests the plane where the most to studs are located to be
"level 0" plane. What is your opinion?

Paul, I'm not sure if I have understood well your remarks about spaces in
header lines. To be sure that multiple spaces are not shrinked into one space
in my examples below I replaced spaces with underscores.
My header line initially looked like this (except underscores of course)
"0_Door_1_x_9_x_11" with singe spaces between numbers, words and letters. I
understood suggestion of Paul that there should be additional space in front of
single digit numbers. Should it look like this "0_Door__1_x_9_x_11" or even
"0_Door__1_x__9_x_11", Paul? To be honest I've never heard about that rule, so
please correct me if I misunderstood you.

I also corrected names of sub-parts. All files are available in PT
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/2662.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/s/2662s01.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/2596.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/s/2596s01.dat