 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4717
Re: New parts - Aquanaut Door and Door Frame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:30:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, TWS Garrison wrote:

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Marek Idec wrote:

Paul, I'm not sure if I have understood well your remarks about spaces in
header lines. To be sure that multiple spaces are not shrinked into one space
in my examples below I replaced spaces with underscores.
My header line initially looked like this (except underscores of course)
"0_Door_1_x_9_x_11" with singe spaces between numbers, words and letters. I
understood suggestion of Paul that there should be additional space in front of
single digit numbers. Should it look like this "0_Door__1_x_9_x_11" or even
"0_Door__1_x__9_x_11", Paul? To be honest I've never heard about that rule, so
please correct me if I misunderstood you.

Has no one responded to this yet?

Sorry, I missed it. :/

My understanding is that the spacing is
purely to make part names alphabetize properly, so that, for example,
Brick  1 x  2 sorts before Brick  1 x 16.

That is correct.

I think the last example above
is correct, but I'm sure that there are many other people reading
.cad.dat.parts who would know for sure. . .

My general rule is to always double-space before a single-digit
dimension.  I can't think of any situations where we've got three-digit
dimensions, so the double-space rule should work.

Steve